Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Outing

I shared this photo with the college kids today - "Katharine is exploring fashion norms"

Abi said that Katharine's clothes have been on backwards the past few times she's seen pictures of her. Haha yes, but today is was backwards and inside out! Katharine has her own sense of style just like 4 year old Abi, who was wearing several layers in this old photo
Today was P-day for Abi, so lucky us, we got to talk to our favorite missionary. Hermana Wride is doing great! She said this week was really good. She's excited to leave for Panama next Wednesday! 
I took Katharine with me to walk around the temple quarry this afternoon. She brought along Little People Princess Belle and pulled her behind her riding in a tricycle. 
I texted my dad a few days ago with a list of a few things we could do together (I'm not sure my mom likes me coming over to clean?) On my list of options were a few museums (BYU MOA, UVU Roots of Knowledge, and the new Utah History Museum) and simple hikes, like Temple Quarry or Silver Lake. This morning my dad said we'd start with this one, and he said they would meet us there. I pressed him on it saying I could totally get them, but he insisted. So 1:15 rolls around, I got Kat ready and into the car. I checked life 360 when I left and they were still at home. I took K on a walk around and texted my dad to let me know when they got here. Katharine recognized this bench! 
"This is the bench were I was crying!" Yep that's right! Such a smart girl. Then my dad called and said he forgot that they were meeting me here, they were waiting for me to come, lol. "Ok! I'll be right there!" "Well..." then he said we'd just move our outing to next week rather than take anymore of my time. Soooo, that was a bit of a bummer, but K and I got back in the car and went to Costco for our Tuesday errands. We'll try again next week! So help me, I'm going to spend time with my parents!

This morning started off as Tuesdays usually do, with the temple, then getting kids up and out the door.  I went to the temple at 5, and passed Corey somewhere along the way cause when I got home, he was there, arrived there at 6:15. I took a wee nap from 6:45-8 and then woke up the boys. Ate a GBOM (Greens Beans Onion Mushroom) salad, BS (Berry and Seeds) snack. I was struggling to play little people with her, but I have to play, cause she doesn't want to be the boys. Then she started weeping cause she doesn't have enough toys. (She and Peter have been looking at all the different kinds of little people and they want them alllll). She wants me to get her toys now, NOT just on birthdays and Christmas. So she was moaning, then Corey took her with him to go buy something off fb marketplace that he needs for his time machine (a big cooking pot that he can set to specific temperatures). He is melting ballistic gel for his experiments. With K gone with Corey, I was able to focus for a few and blogged a little bit before K and I went to the quarry and Costco. I went on a hike around Techy this evening. I found a good private spot when I layed down and looked at the sky. 
And I left some walnuts for the squirrels.  
Katharine enjoyed playing with her basement buddy after he got home from school. But they weren't in the basement today. 
They had a big game of Little People going in the front room. Sophi and Natalie reverently listening at scriptures tonight.
Wesley and Daniel also paying attention. 
Wesley put up his hand to cover up his cold sore that showed up this morning, another gift from his body as it copes with the sunburn he gave it last weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...