Friday, September 4, 2026

Guests

We had guests here this morning, so I didn't go on a ride, but I did make oatmeal. After everyone ate, I put in 20 min playing legos with Kat at the table, then Nicole's son Corey took a turn - I told Kat that he had a better prince voice than me. He did that with her while I did the dishes. I smiled listening to them. Hopefully God smiles when he hears me playing with Kat, even if I'm struggling as I try to silence my to-do list. 

With Corey and Lily gone this weekend, I got to take Natalie and Owen to school. They usually get a ride with Lily, so when she's gone I have to take them cause carpool doesn't have room for them anymore, the lady that drives now only has room for 3. So, I ran them to school, Sophi stayed home today (I let her sluff so I didn't have to make another trip after school to go pick her up) then I made oatmeal as I got Daniel and Peter out the door. I tried to be a good host to our guests. Wes was an amazing host last night - he let me go on a ride while he shopped for and made homemade pizzas for everyone. He said it could be an early date night. They has pizza and then watched "The Spectacular Spider-Man" per Wesley's recommendation. Owen was waiting for a neighbor outside, but then I told him we were taking. 
That's a mess of stuff that Wesley cleared out of the basement when he got it ready for Nicole's kids last night. He slept on the couch last night. Daniel went to a Leona's house after school and was there from 2 until 8. Cute friends. 
After Nicole's kids left, Wes and I went downstairs and worked one the basement. I should have taken a before with all the legos allllll over the floor. It never ends. This was after we already had made a lot of progress.
And after several hours - now we're ready for bed, very good progress made today. 
I've been checking Corey and Lily's location on life360, they made it to Sacramento and things are good. I also noticed Mel and Christian were here close by - they went camping up Big Cottonwood Canyon at the Spruces, fun!

They made campfire Greek kebabs and want to make them again sometime with us, yay let's do it!

Ok, last thing - Hyrum attempted a 12 hour walk today. This young man was inspired to take on the 12 hour walk by simply seeing the book and reading the title. That was all it took, and he was like "I want to do that." So he left around 7:30 this morning and walked to Temple Square from Wayne's house! He said the first 6 hours were awesome. He felt great, made good time, got in over 10 miles. His plan next was to walk to our house, then back to Wayne's. Around 5pm he called me from Wheeler Farm, and said he made the mistake of sitting down and now he couldn't get up. He said he underestimated the task before him. He was making me laugh so hard, it was really funny. When I picked him up, I couldn't see him, but he said he could see me and said over the phone "I'll be there in a sec. ...or a few minutes" haha! Then I saw the shadow of a figure slowly get up and slowly shuffle my direction. I was recording a video as he walked to the car. He said "I don't want to see a blog post about this..." I said "How about a paragraph?" He didn't say "no", hence this little summary of his adventure. I drove him from Wheeler Farm back to Wayne's house, and he had me laughing the whole time. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...