Monday, September 21, 2026

I'm Caught Up

It's that time again that comes up every +/- four years or so... I'm caught up on the blog! (June 2021, Nov 2017). I've been giving the blog priority the past few weeks over anything cleaning wise, and it is showing. Katharine is over at Scarlett's house right now and I just finished last week, so now I'm caught up!! Go me. Now the question is: Can I stay on top of it from here on out??? We shall see.

It was my turn to host the kiddie playdate this morning. I woke up Katharine at 8:55 and her friends starting showing up at 9. She had a granola bar for breakfast, they ate sugar snap peas for a snack, and they all had a good time playing with the Little People that have been all over the house for the past week. 

They played while I cleaned up the kitchen, which was a mess. Yesterday Ethan and Bella came over for a visit before they went to dinner at Bella's sisters house. It was fun to see them, though I went to read for a minute and fell asleep so I missed most of the visiting, doh! Alvie is such a cutie. It was funny to see him hold his ground as Corey growled at him. After they left, we hurried and got dinner ready. Dinner was scheduled for 5:10 and Wayne joined us. We had salmon, ravioli, mashed potatoes, and Natalie also made crepes, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. All of that left a lot of big bowls that we didn't clean up last night, so today there was quite a bit for me to wash. There was also the usual daily usage of cups and plates... it was a lot. 
Unload, load, wipe of stove, wipe back of stove, counter, sweep, wipe out microwave, dishes, table, benches, wipe wipe clean clean. Yeah, I haven't done much at all to clean the house for the past month. Yesterday I knew I had to get to it this week, and I picked up my bedroom, and prepared myself mentally for a kitchen cleaning morning today. I did a good job. Took me three hours to finish the kitchen, but I did it. This was my "almost done" pic at the 2 hour mark.
Dishes drying on the island.
I recovered from all that good work with a ride to my beloved canyon after the kids get home from school. Abi called from Panama, her emails are really fun to read! She's funny.
I love the colors in the mountains! First day of fall is tomorrow!
Got home, cleaned myself up, Lily made curry for dinner (we all like it when she cooks dinner!) I took Peter and Katharine over to parent teacher conferences - Daniel at 7, Peter's at 7:15. I went and talked to his teacher even though he's not here. Still up in Idaho - 
Daniel's teacher was behind though, so at 7:15 I told the person waiting for the 7:15 slot to tell the teacher to skip us from the 7 time and I'd come back at 7:30. Over to Peter's class, then came back to Daniel's class room. Peter made a temple.
Sunset tonight was at 7:25, so it was dark by the time we're done at 8. I'm glad I got in my mountain time in before the conferences. 

Here are some more of the photos that Hyrum sent us today of their fun up in Rexburg.
On Sunday night they took Daniel to a party, and they celebrated his birthday again there. They had a cake with candles for him to blow, and a group of like 50 adults all sang to him! Corey said "Why do I think you'd have less people willing to give that kid such a memory at most other schools...." I love BYU Students. Too bad for us, we're never going to be able to compete with that!! Hyrum took him to a Lauren Daigle concert Friday night (I think). 
He wasn't that impressed, haha.
He's been having so much fun that Hyrum commented "I do feel like he’s already becoming a little bit of a monster. Sorry about it and good luck with that" We'll put him back to work when he gets home! I'm glad he's having this experience though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...