Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Steak Night

We have a new way of enjoying "steak night!" around here, and tonight was it. Although, my kids know that "steak" can't mean what it used to mean if their health conscious mother is the chef. And they would be right in their assumption. They came to dinner (a sit down dinner! yay, my second one this week!) where they were surprised to find a platter of cauliflowers "steaks" at the table. I thought it was pretty funny. "Hey kids! It's steak night!" Ethan rolled his eyes at me, "that is NOT funny, mom..." Hyrum, my healthy partner in crime, thought it was a little funny.
This is a Purple Carrot recipe. The only thing I was missing tonight was the kalamata olives, so I used capers instead. Kalamata olives are a new item on my radar that I'd never noticed before. So I was surprised and pleased on my most recent trip to Costco to find they are sold in bulk, cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...