Saturday, September 19, 2026

Daniel is 10!

Daniel is having a lot of fun up in Rexburg with his brothers. They got him some presents, my treat -

They got those at Hobby Lobby - I'm not sure if they let him pick out things he wanted or if they surprised him. I'll get the details from Daniel after he comes back and we have his second birthday party here. I think the best birthday memory will be a Dino nugget volcano that they did, something fun and to check it off Wesley's bucket list. Hyrum preparing the place of art -
Making the potato landscape, taking their art very seriously - 
Daniel working on the volcano.
Their friend Sebastian. 
Excited to see the sculpture taking form. 
Wesley shard this video with us on the completed work. Looks like a masterpiece to me. Bucket list #9 complete! So that is super fun. They showed Owen such a good time with a trip to Yellowstone and a lego revealing ceremony. Now Daniel gets a birthday party and dino sculpture dinner. They better be careful, they are keeping expectations high! Peter is excited for when it's his turn! 

I did a bit of recreating today. I went on an early morning walk up to the Great White Icicle. Someday maybe I'll have gear to climb it. But for now it was really cool to be right up next to our granite cliffs. 

I got to touch the mountain. 

Then I walked back down the narrow path - if I come up here again I'll bring some clippers and clear the path a little wider for myself. I got pretty dirty today!

After the hike, I took Owen to his soccer game. I went to the rec center this afternoon for 20 min in the sauna and 40 swimming, and then I hurried home so Corey and I could do a ride before it got dark. Yeah, I might have done a bit too much today, but I'm just looking out for my mental health! Yesterday I played up the canyon too - I hiked up the creek past Hogum fork until I could see the Ruins waterfall. 

I was so surprised I got to the ruins from the south side! And I figured out a way to climb up and around to get to my spot. As I've been on the top before, I've never before been able to see a way down around it, but coming from the bottom I saw how to do it. It was really fun! So that was yesterday, and yesterday after I got home, I saw Natalie was at it again. 

This has practically become a daily thing. Last night she was making herself a zombie, using glue to make it look like it's peeling off. 

I thought the green was a bit too dark - more witch like than zombie, but what do I know about face art - Natalie is the expert! And she's rubbing off on Katharine!

Lily actually did that work, not Natalie. Kinda fun. Messy, but fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...