It is labor day weekend so there are no soccer games. I'm also a single mom this weekend with Corey gone, so last night I told my babysitter, Wes, that I'd be back sneaking away in the morning before kids were up. I took an early 7am ride up to the ruins and spent an hour by the creek enjoying some quiet time.
I loved watching the sun rise. Heaven on earth. Sigh, I want to stay up here all day. Maybe 40 days. I need to follow Jesus' example, right?? Yeah, let's do 40 days. I carry a toddler bed flat sheet in my fanny pack and use that to lay down on the ground. It's nice. I like looking up at the sky. Can you see the little moon there?
I got some good energy and wind in my sails that fueled my soul for the day. Ahh, I'm ready to take on life. Back at home, Wes and I worked a little more on the basement, until...
The kids got found the cleared floor in the basement. Natalie discovered the freshly vacuumed carpet, which was like an empty canvas just begging for some color and creativity. She quickly covered it with her artful skills. She got Peter and Katharine all set up with an amazing environment for the Little People to live in. There was an ocean, an ice mountain, a green forest, a desert, they got different blankets and sheets to be their colored ground covering. It was cute, I'm glad they are playing. I'll clean it up later. My energy was still happy from my mountain time, and I like my kids happy with play time, and I'll do organizing and de cluttering in between.
Wesley's first goal for today was to clear out our DI donation pile. He loaded up Corey's car with lots of stuff, I was impressed with how well he tetris'd everything in there. yaaayy. Then I had more space to move out more desks that I didn't want anymore and we put in this table instead, that's been waiting for me outside for several weeks. We donated the matching chairs cause they were falling apart.
Hyrum came over this morning to visit. He didn't help with clearing out stuff, but that's ok, he's still recovering from his walk yesterday. His hamstrings are sore.
My mom came by to give Sophi a gift before her birthday tomorrow, part of which was a book of "Zits" cartoons. My mom really related to those back in the day when she only had Grant at home. Sitting down to visit and sharing a few of the strips with Sophi and Natalie.
They have a few of those original cut out comic strips framed and on the wall at their house. They're fun and pretty relatable. I think my favorite comics are still the Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes. I think of Calvin and Hobbes exploring the woods often when I'm up exploring in the canyon.
No comments:
Post a Comment