Daniel and Peter didn't have school today because of parent teacher conferences, so Katharine was glad to have her basement buddy here to play with her. They played legos downstairs and little people in the front room. I let them take it over a few days ago and they are still happy reigning over their little kingdom. Hyrum was home, and I was thinking I'd try to sneak away for a hike... I asked Hyrum if I could take his car, he said yes, but then I ended up not being in a spot to get away until after the girls got home, so then I just took the van. With Hyrum home to keep a professional eye on things, I felt ok about being gone longer than usual and I was gone exploring in the canyon for 3+ hours. I brought along my clippers with plans to cut my way through some trees and make a more clear trail on the south side. I made good progress and I felt a little bit like a weirdo but it was fun. Once I was was finished clearing things, I headed to my final destination below the ruins waterfall. I got our my little toddler blanket from my back pack, sprayed myself with a little bit of bug spray, and then layed down by the creek and listened to the water. Kind of a nap, just long enough for me to zone out and then come to again. I also made myself a chair, which was fun. I sat there and read the scriptures. I guess it's more of a stool, I guess. When I decided I'd fooled around long enough, I started to walk down the main trail, but then remembered I hadn't gotten water, so I went back to the creek and then I got distracted for 15+ more minutes throwing rocks to make another pile for me to possibly cross on. I didn't finish, but made progress.
I did 3 miles in 3 hours, so not a lot of distance, but a lot of fun. If I do a 12 hour walk, I'd totally do it up here and just have fun for 12 hours. O'Brady did say it doesn't matter if you do 1 mile or 20, the thing is to be alone and with your thoughts, and I can do that, esp up in our canyon. I love the canyon, it's bliss and color and I love it.
Enjoying my autumn walk back to the car.
I got home the same time as Corey. Then we got dressed and went out for date night. Hyrum got a movie on for the kids and went out for some Little Ceasar's pizzas. Corey and I went to eat at the new Aubergine in Sugarhouse. Corey said there was a bit too much greenery there. It was nice, just definitely a girl place. His testosterone took a hit, kinda as if he'd gone shopping at the mall (Mars & Venus) haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment