Thursday, September 17, 2026

Three Favorites

Corey and I had the (currently) rare opportunity to go on a ride together early this morning. Hyrum was home and he got Daniel and Peter out the door for me, thanks Hyrum! As we got to the top near Lisa Falls, it was lovely to see the colors on the mountain.

When we got to the ruins, I did a little bit of puttering around and was glad to get this photo from the other side of the creek of my favorite person and favorite trail during my favorite season.

Hyrum was playing with Kat after we got home.

He was telling us about the game they were playing "Her majesty demands that all the boys come in and watch the girls sleeping, which is a little weird to me (sigh)..."

Followed by "I'm so tired..." 
"It's the same story over and over again. The Erics forget her name every five minutes, and then they have to fight for her..." Haha, thank you Hyrum! He's such a good big brother. They all are. After we got back, I cleaned myself up and then Kat and I had to go - my dad was picking us up at 11. I had to work to sweet talk her away from her toys, but she eventually got ready and willingly came with me to my dad's car. We drove down town, picked up Beka, and then Neil and Jerusha met up with us for lunch at City Creek.
I ordered Katharine some fries and chocolate ice cream from Shake Shack. 
I went across the patio and ordered the Chimichurri steak from Vitality bowls. We had a nice visit, talking about some of their work stuff, almost officially being retired, maybe on Oct 1st! And what he thinks would be good for him and my mom as they move on from realty management and how we can help. Some talk of turning mom's home office into an art studio, which we'd all love. Good visit. As we were walking back to the car, we passed a store with a big pink throne. Katharine had to sit and feel her true princess identity come through. 
She's such a character! My dad dropped me off right at 2. He came over to see my rose, and I told him the whole story of the bushes getting annihilated and how thrilled I am that I've had roses this year. This one is a real beauty!!!
As he got back in the car to head home, Hyrum pulled up - he picked up Daniel from school at 2, and they were going to head straight out to Rexburg, but Daniel forgot some stuff and/or wasn't fully packed. We got him Sunday clothes, Sunday shoes, a towel, tooth brush etc and they were off. Daniel is going to spend the week up there with Hyrum and Wes. So fun Daniel!
Hyrum said the school office ladies were excited for Daniel when Hyrum said some of the stuff they plan on doing - music concert, country dancing, and maybe Teton National Park. Hyrum said that he thinks having Daniel there will be beneficial to him as well, to get the attention of some ladies he hopes. "It'll be like having a puppy." haha. They left then came back after 10 min - Daniel forgot his medicine for his lymph nodes. He has a few more days of taking that. Daniel is super excited to be going up to Rexburg for the week! 

One more pic of my rose at sunset today, isn't it BEAUTIFUL!?!?! I would cut it and bring it inside where I could enjoy it more, but there are three buds around it, so we're gonna leave them all together and let those bloom, exciting!

I skipped dinner last night so I woke up really hungry this morning. I had recently seen a video for a carrot cilantro salad, and I bought the stuff for it last night, so after waking up the kids and getting some bread started, I made that for myself for breakfast, I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...