Monday, September 7, 2026

Labor Day

I did some manual labor today for Labor Day! And I got two of my strapping young sons to come and help as well.

How appropriate of us. I went up to Bountiful to help out at Jerusha's home that she's going to rent and is trying to get ready. There is a lot of work that needs to be done, but we did make a good dent in it today! I spent most of my time with Hyrum and Neil clearing off a lot of dirt and overgrowth that was covering this entire cement patio. 

Neil was a machine with his weed whacker. 

Beka and Jersh worked on raking, Wes and cousin Mikey worked on the strip in the front yard. Hyrum and Wes had plans to come up and hang out with Mikey today before Mikey leaves for his mission this week, and I'm really grateful that the three of them spent some of that time working with us at Jersh's.  They were a huge help! We shared some of the photos with our siblings, to let them know of the great progress we made, and Grant used AI to make some fun photos - 

Haha! It needs a lot of work done, but thankfully not that much work! It's good to remember that it could be worse! Jersh showed us around inside, and there's some serious damage done to the ceiling in the master bedroom. Almost a hole... it needs a new roof. Grant turned that into a fun photo too, haha

Jersh was nice and ordered us all some pizza, which we enjoyed as we shared some Janet Jackson videos with the next generation. Hyrum made a comment to Wesley that made me laugh - "It's like God told Adam: by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat they Domino's pizza..." So we worked up there for a few hours, and I headed home around 1:30 (cause Corey's still gone in California) but was grateful that Hyrum and Wes stayed a little longer to help. 

Some cute pics of Peter and Katharine this morning, sleeping in my room on the floor. 

I wasn't too sure how well Peter was able to breathe with his head tucked in behind Kat's head like that.

Taking several poses throughout the morning. Each time I'd come in they'd be in a different pose. 

Glad to see he finally turned his head to breathe. 
Cute kids. I did an evening ride from trailhead to ruins tonight. Corey and Lily are on their way back. They both say their trip out there has been a success. They're driving to Elko and spending the night there tonight and will be back tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...