Thursday, September 12, 2024

H Almost Outta Here

Hyrum on his way to work yesterday, in HIS car! 

Yay, I get to use my van! Let's see Hyrum's set up... he's got a little jacket for his stick shift, got his phone charger and music, got a purple Dwayne the Roctopus Johnson from his mission
He'll be heading up to Rexburg tomorrow, so these were his last two days to earn $ from my mom. Looks like he's good to go. Well, since I had a car, I decided I'd go to the store! Katharine and her baby came along. Haha, still laughing at the Nate Bargatze joke at min 17, so funny. 
I was mowing the lawn yesterday, cause it was garbage day, and we had space in the garbage cans, and the lawn needed to be mowed, and I was the one who had to do it. I was mowing pretty carelessly around some of the milkweed in our back yard, where I never find caterpillars, and THEN a few hours later, what do I find! On the low milkweed where I had been so casually mowing??? A chrysalis! Freshly changed - this poor guy must have been in a j-hook when I was going all crazy with the lawn mower all around him. I am so glad I didn't kill him, and I hope I didn't kill any of his friends! I can't believe there had been a caterpillar over there for several weeks and I never saw him! But he's made it on his own in the wild, way to go buddy!
Cute Peter asleep on my floor this morning. He seems to be doing pretty good at school. He doesn't take a nap when he gets home, but he does ask me now and then "Why does school take so long??" I miss having him around, but we've talked that is it like he is Wesley on a mission. He goes to school, and I miss him, but then he comes back home. 
With kids at school, K and I are just hanging out today. Trying to get some blogging done, K came back with socks on her hands, silly girl. 
Katharine, it's hard to concentrate when you're looking at me like that!
Corey and I went on a quarry ride yesterday, drove to the trailhead and just went to techy and back. We got it under an hour! Got 3 achievements too! A Gold PR on Power plant down - .73 miles in 1:54. Silver for Coalpit Area .53 in 1:44, and 3rd for Fastest section alive - 1.04 miles in 3:40. Also 15 min stretching in the evening. AND I got up the 2nd bridge rocks! I went on the left side, not the right, I was glad I got it! That's like my first time this year I think! Today I did some handstands, then went to temple at 2 for initiatories and then took a ride in Corner Canyon after that. 6.37 miles, 53min. Went up Canyon Hollow to the service road, then to Peakview and Rush +the trees down. 15 achievements, go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...