Monday, September 23, 2024

Ice Blocking

It was a good day - Lily stayed home feeling a little sick with an eye ache, might have a sinus infection? Sophi and Natalie had violin, and as soon as we got back from that, I went on a ride, because fall is upon us! I drove to the trailhead and just went up the canyon. Fall colors are here! 

I left early enough to get back in time to go on a quick hike or something with the kids for FHE, cause we have to get out and enjoy these autumn leaves! But as I arrived home, they were in the car ready to go do something else. They all voted for ice blocking. Ok, sounds fun. I went with them to Reams and Corey bought 7 ice blocks and then we headed to Flat Iron Mesa Park. 

I was a little cold, since my clothes were a little wet with sweat and now the sun was setting. So I did not feel like sitting on a block of ice. I tried to roll down the hill, but that made me feel sick... I'm not as young as I used to be. I did try it once a little bit but I didn't dare let myself get going too fast. Mostly the kids took rides on the ice, and Corey and I helped Peter and sometimes Daniel haul their ice blocks back up the steep hill.
I got a few videos of the kids. Here's one of them.

It was funny to watch. I think Natalie and Abi got the hang of it the best. They both made it all the way down the hill. Here's one where Natalie did that. Abi did it too, and I think cause she's larger than Natalie, it was just way impressive cause she'd get going super fast! This clip wasn't that one, but gives an idea of the speed she achieved several times. She went crazy fast! I also didn't go cause I didn't want to go into a death roll down the hill at 20 mph. It was an activity that made an impression on the kids and I'm sure will be very memorable. They are looking forward to when we do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...