Monday, August 24, 2026

Backyard Games

For FHE tonight, Corey planned some back yard games. I was up here at the computer so I didn't catch most of the fun. I feel behind and so I took the moment to myself while I had the chance. When I went out I caught the last of a relay they were doing - passing flour on a face card to each other. 
Katharine got some in her face!
They had two teams and had also passed an orange between their necks, had to take turns putting on and taking off a shirt one at a time, did an egg relay holding the egg in a spoon in their mouth, also spinning around while they had a baseball bat touching the ground (but they used a broom stick instead of a bat, which didn't quite work...) They had fun and they all participated, which is better than their mother did. I got out to take a few pics though, so I did my part.

I was grateful to get out on a ride today, just up to the ruins. At the top I thought it was going to rain on me, so I quickly headed down, and then it passed with no rain, so I stopped at the bottom and spent 30+ min there listening to the creek. 
I've seen people climb this huge boulder. I have named this boulder "Chief" after the Lord: "Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone". There's another big boulder close to it which I call "Captain". I saw a fish at the creek again! I like quiet private places to be alone.

The girls are great at helping watch the kids so I can get out on my ride, and also playing with Katharine when I need to get other stuff done, like eat breakfast. Wesley took my licking for me today so I could eat. He played barbies with Katharine and I am grateful. It was fun to watch (little video here). It's always fun to watch others play with her, I don't find it as enjoyable when I'm the one playing, I get exhausted. I decided, after watching Wes, that it's ok to lay down as I play with her. 

Now I don't struggle building her a castle or sorting legos while she plays, but I admit I struggle if I'm asked to be part of the narrative. My breakfast today and of late have been a big GBMOB salad. 

Good stuff, I might need to make them smaller cause it take a bit longer to eat that than eat a bowl of oatmeal. I'm very satisfied after, so maybe I could do a smaller salad. I'm also still feeling a bit of a crash in the afternoon, so I don't know if that's anemia (I haven't been great at taking my iron pills) or if I'm getting a glucose spike still? I'll keep trying to listen to my body. 

Bella and Eliza shared some cute photos of the grandkids with us recently. Yesterday Bella shared this one of Alvie running around the park pointing a stick (magic wand!) up to the sky, we think he's working on his Patronus Charm!

"Expecto Patronum!" Bella said "Alvie was a wizard in his past life!" haha! Cutie. And Eliza has been out in Oregon with her family at a sisters retreat (I think?) She and Mary got some cute photos playing a the beach. 

Mary and Alvie are both running around and growing up so fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...