Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunrise

I had such a lovely perfect morning today. I went up the canyon to Lisa at 6:15 am, walked to the ruins with a backpack with a blanket and scriptures, sat on a rock, listened to the creek, read the good word of God, considered the lilies (well, a little wildflower growing out of a crack in the boulder), stared at the sky, watched the sunlight kiss the tree tops then slowly descend down the branches, closed my eyes and breathed and just soaked it all up for over an hour. 

It was glorious.
I wish I could stay up here all day, or live in a little cabin by the creek and wake up with all this majestic loveliness of nature outside my window every morning. I'll take what I can get, and so grateful I had it today. Sigh <3

Good day of rest at home. I love church, love our neighborhood and our wonderful neighbors. It's fun to be with Corey and enjoy having him and all the kids at home. Corey and I both spent time reading the new NDE book I got, A Land Unknown, and spent time talking about hell. It sounds like hell and we don't want to end up there. I feel sorry for people that do, I wish they had made better choices in their lives. It's been good conversation info between Corey and I and the kids too. They're funny and we have a good time laughing together. Hyrum has been staying at Wayne's house, but comes by here now and then, usually on Sundays. H saying goodbye before he heads back to Wayne's.  
Corey about to work with Lily on her college applications. She's up on deck!

9:45 pm, I've got Corey's breakfast packed for tomorrow morning when he takes carpool. I have a little notepad check list to help me make sure I get everything: 

COREY BREAKFAST
- [ ] English cheddar
- [ ] Chopped peppers
- [x] Dried fruit
- [x] Tomatoes
- [x] Frozen berries
- [x] Frozen mangos
- [x] Egg
- [x] Avocado
- [x] Chia seeds
- [x] Chopped Cauliflower
- [x] Olive oil
- [x] Kimchi 
- [x] Sardines
- [x] Chopped carrots
- [x] Orange
- [x] Yogurt
- [x] Granola
- [x] Greens to steam
- [x] Chopped onion
- [x] Banana
- [x] Beans
- [x] Parmesan 
- [x] Almonds
- [x] Lemon
- [x] Cashews
- [x] Chopped celery
- [x] Chopped mushrooms

I don't put all of that every time but I'll check it off to move it if I'm not going to add it that morning, as usually happens with the "greens to steam". Wishing I could make it up in the mountains again tomorrow morning... I might be able to. The only thing right now is that each morning the sunrise gets later. I need to make it back home by 7 so Corey can take his car for carpool. Or if he wants to go to the gym before carpool and I need to take the van, then I need to get back by 6:45 cause that is what time Lily likes to leave. I think I could go tomorrow, but I probably need to focus on getting Daniel and Peter up for their first day of school instead. Maybe the next day? Hmm, it's going to be progressively harder as the sun continues toward it's winter solstice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...