We're home. Man today was go go go all day, so that was my "exercise" - active rest: packing up, loading the cars, unloading the cars, and I worked up a good sweat too cause it was very hot in the house. I had set it to 86 degrees while we were gone and it took all day for the AC to catch up. As soon as we got home I got my sourdough starter our of the fridge and fed that to wake it up. Got that going, made the dough for 8 loaves a few hours ago and that's proofing and I'll be getting up early to shape that in the morning. I'll be getting up to shape them at 4. I've got the oven set to preheat at 5:30am and that will all be cooking for a few hours before church. Wes mowed the front lawn, not the back, but that's ok. Sophi and Hyrum just helped me clean off the back patio, so I think we're ready to host some guests. We've got chicken salad ready and ice water and vegetables. I didn't buy any desserts, but my friend Kathy said she'll bring over a sheet cake.
This morning I told the kids that after they packed up ALL their stuff and cleaned up their room and were ready to go home, they could watch TV. And they had to put the couch back together. So they packed up their stuff and cleaned up and we turned it on - gonna end this week the same way it started, with seven kids sitting on the couch. As Joseph said earlier this week, commenting on his younger siblings zoned out expressions "The joy in their eyes..." haha.
Yeah they're not looking for joy at the moment, just chillin. They chilled while I got some eggs, chicken sausage, fruit with yogurt, and veggies ready for breakfast, We didn't watch too much SpongeBob this week, just a little bit. And some Gravity Falls. That's become a favorite of the boys that they watch sometimes on date night. After the car was packed and the food was ready, we went down to Wayne's room for breakfast. Mel working on her crocheted baby booties -
I'm way impressed with it! She made one bootie following along with a video, but said it's too big, so now she's been freestyling her own version based on what she learned. Hyrum and Wes waiting for breakfast on the couch. They stayed up late/early (all night) playing minecraft with cousin Isaac.
Ok, well, I guess let's head out. Hyrum drove up to Park City in his car, so he took a few kids home, the rest were in the van. Corey and I had the hot non-AC Pilot to ourselves and rewarded ourselves with a Handle's 4 scoop sampler on our way back. Our little treat for sitting in a hot car, and as our late treat for missing date night and for being such hard workers and good sports. We did good this past week and did good today. Getting it done and not being too stressed out in the process.
I'm way impressed with it! She made one bootie following along with a video, but said it's too big, so now she's been freestyling her own version based on what she learned. Hyrum and Wes waiting for breakfast on the couch. They stayed up late/early (all night) playing minecraft with cousin Isaac.
Ok, well, I guess let's head out. Hyrum drove up to Park City in his car, so he took a few kids home, the rest were in the van. Corey and I had the hot non-AC Pilot to ourselves and rewarded ourselves with a Handle's 4 scoop sampler on our way back. Our little treat for sitting in a hot car, and as our late treat for missing date night and for being such hard workers and good sports. We did good this past week and did good today. Getting it done and not being too stressed out in the process.
We have a busy day tomorrow so g'night.
No comments:
Post a Comment