Wednesday, August 26, 2026

New Washer and Dryer

Today Katharine went over to Scarlett's house to play. 

They are the cutest little duo! Katharine was over there playing from 9 until 2!! I didn't have a car so they came to pick her up and that was so nice of them. 

I've already decided that Katharine and Scarlett need to stay together, so even though Kat has not started kindergarten yet, I have decided that she will be going to junior high with Scarlett, trusting that neither of our families moves away in the next 10 years. 

Today was a great day for her to be gone to play, cause that helped me to not have any interruptions, and that was important cause I had to clean the laundry room up before the new washer and dryer arrived.  Hooray and hallelujah and good bye to the current washer and dryer issues, until new ones happen with these machines in a few years. Meghan said she got a lot done too, cause Katharine and Scarlett play so nicely together. It's a win-win for the girls and for the moms. So the delivery dispatch said they'd be here between 12:30-2:30 but they came at 3. That is ok. I had the room clean my then - and I did so good! It was VERY clean. 

I moved the books into my bedroom, doh, along with other boxes of clutter to sort through, but the laundry room is clean and here is the new washer and dryer! 

I am grateful for my daughters and daughters in law for being my sounding board - Bella said front loaders get mold, so that tip came just in time, cause I was looking at front loaders. These are LG, which the RC Willey guy said LG is the best for washers and dryers. So, the only thing I need to do is switch how the dryer door hinges on. I know how to switch it, and tried to switch it myself, but I could not for the life of me get the last screw to get loose, so I called RC Willey and they are going to send someone to do it on Saturday. So the laundry room looks great, next step in there will be to organize the cupboards and closets, but for the time being, it looks very clean and presentable. But yeah, do not look at my bedroom though. I plan on taking the boxes in here to the basement, cause I just cleaned my room a few days ago, and have kept it clean for 3 days, so I don't want it to be a "one step forward, two steps back" situation. I sorted while I visited with Nicole today, have a few more to do. The basement is already a mess, almost helpless, probably more than 10 steps back, so now it's 12 after I moving more boxes down there. Hopefully Wes and I can still get after it before he leaves for Idaho in two weeks. Not today though - Wesley and Hyrum left this morning for Provo, and they are going to Bear Lake with Ethan and lots of friends and will be back Sunday. Wes goes back to Rexburg on Sept 8th or 9th. So yeah, I'm sure last minute panic will kick in next week.

Tonight I did a 6:54pm hike at Lisa and spent an hour and 40 min exploring. I discovered a new land on the other side of techy near Hogum Fork, so fun!

Well, I guess someone else already discovered it (they started to build a cabin)
Tried to mark the trail where I can enter and cross the creek - at the top of ruins, end of the climb before the last stretch to the ruins. So that was fun. I get scared though being in new places by myself. Nervous a cougar or moose will sneak up on me, or I'll accidentally come across it's path. Wes and Hyrum took the kids out to see Spider-Man Brand New Day last night. Corey and I let them have a kids night out and we went for a ride. 7:09 pm ride to ruins from the trailhead, cause we were late getting out and the sun was setting around 8:10. 
I'm the local legend for all athletes on temple quarry to mushroomland with 20 efforts AND 3rd bridge to top for All Athletes with 21 efforts, woot woot! 6.67 miles, 1 hour 3 min.

For the kids, the show was at 8:20, so we had gone to bed before they got back home around 11. 
I'm glad they get to go have fun making memories together, and that I get to go to bed on time.

Looks like Kat gave up at some point during the show. Yesterday she and I ran some errands - emissions test for the van so I can get it registered. She drew all over her face yesterday, giving herself patterns, so we just went out like that. 

After Burt Bros we went to Costco. She saw dolls she would like for Christmas, but which one!?!?! Elsa, Belle, Rapunzel, Ariel, Jasmine, or Moana??? I can't buy any of them with her with me, so we'll see how we do this, or if she even remembers.
Today was Abi's p-day. She said it was a good week. We had a lot of us on the call!
And then she is so nice to call again after the little boys are home from school so they have a chance to talk to her too. 
We love and miss you Abi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...