Saturday, August 15, 2026

Jump

Last night Corey and I did something that I was really excited for. We went to JUMP by Limitless Flight to try out Virtual reality base jumping. 

I heard about this sometime this past year. It looked cool and sounded fun. Jump is a VR skydiving center in Bluffdale. We have a friend, Terry, who did it and said it was awesome. I recently saw a promo code on instagram for 35 percent off (Heros35, you can see if it still works). With that code, and with us choosing a not too high in demand time, the price of this was $61.75 each instead of the regular price of $94.99. I just looked at their website, and now regular price is $119! Yikes. But for $62 bucks, I was like let's do it. I was also thinking about doing this with Abi before she left, but then when her schedule was booked with other activities and last to dos that she wanted to fit in, I figured she didn't have time for it. But, since it was on my brain, I logged on and reserved two spots for Corey and I (with my sourdough $). Our "flight time" was 4:30. I told Corey several times that we needed to leave home at 4. Traffic was weird so we arrived a few minutes late. I called cause I didn't want us to be canceled as no shows or anything. Arrived, no one else was there. They told us we'd be jumping Notch Peak and showed us the mountain and our flight (little 3D model with lasers). We went into the hanger, and it kinda felt like Disneyland how they were trying to make it feel real and feel like a real hanger. We got suited up. I tried to make mine tight, we buckled up, zipped up, and then we were ready to go. 

They told us we would be doing three flights - first from a plane to Notch Peak, then from Notch Peak to the base, then we'd be taken back up to the peak for one more flight. There were several places we could choose to land. They said that these wingsuit are actual wing suits that they just made a few modifications to use them for their system. They said that the force of wind on your body when flying is 200 pounds, and they've made it in this simulation to be lighter than that so that people can actually do it. They were kinda throwing a lot of information at us, like how to turn, which I don't remember what it was but I remember it was opposite of what was instinctual/natural, like to turn left you have to put your right arm down and left arm up? Something weird like that. Also you have to lift your head up to fly evenly/flat, but if you look down you will go down. I understood that part fine, and it was about to be important but not in a good way. We got into the flight deck, they help us put on our VR lenses, and now we're in a hanger. I could see the VR world I was now in if I stood up straight and looked straight into the lenses and held still, so I was like "yeah I can see..." but that was about to be a problem, cause in a minute I was not going to be able to hold my body up straight. 

She hooked me up, Corey and I can "see" each other, we are in a plane, and the plane opens up, there's wind, and they say to jump. I wasn't scared to jump and jumped like they told me no problem, but then whatever I was hooked up to pulled at my neck and pushed my VR lenses down, so I could not see. I had to fly in between some floating flag markers or whatever, but I could not steer myself and I could not see, everything was blurry. It was a bit stressful, I somehow made it to where the makers were and got in between them, or maybe the computer just did it for me even though I wasn't steering right? and then my "parachute" opens, I grab my hand thingy's for my parachute, and we both land at the peak. K, that did not work. She asked how I was doing, I said I couldn't see, she tried to help me adjust my VR glasses, pull them tighter, I wish I had been able to pull everything tighter, like my leg buckles and stuff, but I guess it was go time and so I didn't ask about adjusting anything else. I didn't think they'd pause it to undo me to tighten things. It was a little better, so I said it was better, then it was time for our second jump. One cute thing here was that as we were at the edge, they had little graphics of loose rocks falling off the cliff where our toes were touching. Then it was time to jump, so I jump. This time, once again, whatever I was hooked up to pulled at my neck and pushed my head and lenses down. I could not see, but she telling me in a very lecturing way that I had to look up "You need to look up! You need to look up!!!" and so help me I WAS TRYING to look up, but the suit thing was pulling at the back of my neck and head like I was a kitten being carried by the skin on my neck, and so I wasn't steering or caring at all what my arms were doing, I was just trying with all my might to get my head up. It was like I was hanging in a weighted vest hooked to a wall and told to push the wall behind me and make it move. I tried, it wasn't going to move, but I was pushing with all my might. From what I could see I was going down and doing a total nose dive off the cliff, down down but somehow it stopped and then I was approaching the landing. It was stressful. I don't think I actually got it up, I probably did fall to my death, but the actual cliff divers that they had get the 3D flight footage for this flight, they didn't crash and die, so there's no footage of a crash. They survived. Also I guess that part was realistic, cause if you are in an actual wing suit flying through the air at 100 mph, you can't pause it to reach over and adjust your goggles. You just have to cope. Anyway, that sucked again, parachute opens, you can't see the hand things you're supposed to grab with the lenses on, but somehow I got it, flight 2 was over, ugh ok one more. Same experience, and I'm like get me out of this thing. It ended, good riddance, we get un suited, get our phones back, and are ushered into a waiting area. It was pretty short. Each flight was 60-90 seconds, so maybe 10 minutes total to do the flights with the hook up, rests in between, and unhooking. 

Here's a video of our flights. I should have Corey share his experience. I just send him a message to send that to me. I think he enjoyed it more than I did. 

He said he's always wished he could fly in a wing suit, and this might have cured him of that wish. We could spend $20 each to have our flights sent to us, but I'm fine to just have that recording I did. ALSO, these are not accurate. I was not calmly smiling during my jump. I was gritting my teeth and probably looked super frustrated and panicked, cause I was. We'll check out paragliding, cause I want to fly.

They have a 4.8 star review rating on Google with 1,178 reviews. I'm going to go leave a 2 or 3 star review. I mean I guess it was ok, but I felt rushed. Maybe it would have been nice if after that first one, if we had stopped pretending we were on a mountain peak and they helped me re-adjust things for real so my suit would fit better and not mess up the helmet. We did not see any other people enter the building or leave while we were there waiting for our video to load. Maybe they could have slowed things down and made sure we were having a good experience during it. I think my suit was too big AND all my buckles were not tight enough, and that's why everything shifted when I was being hung up by the suit. Ok wait, this lady makes it sound like it's supposed to be big so it can curve when were flying. Ok, well ANYWAY, I'm glad we didn't paid full price. We went and got a dessert from Paris Baguette after that, in Abi's honor. Came home, I was still bugged by the overall experience, and so went up the mountains to cleanse my mental palate. 7:10 pm hike from Lisa down to Coalpit Gulch, up Techy and back to car, 2.84 miles, 1 hour 18 min.

The moon and Venus looked amazing when I was headed home.

I finished listening to Steven Sharp Nelson on Follow Him podcast, talking about the Psalms. It was so good. I love his enthusiasm for life. The kids have been playing with the Keva blocks this weekend and having fun. Playing in the front room yesterday as we were leaving for our date. 

We need a playroom. Basement is currently a mess. Wes and I both had good intentions to attack it together, but have yet to do that. We still got time to get it done, I hope! Yesterday he was helping Corey do some work stuff. 

Later last night, Peter showing me his lego collection in the basement.

This morning I didn't go for a ride cause we had our first Saturday of soccer games. Katharine awake in my bedroom. She has a bed, but she's still a floater and has floated to our bedroom with Abi gone. 

Peter and Katharine waiting for me to get them breakfast. 

I passed that on to Corey and I took Owen to his 9am game. His team is Teal color and called Kraken. They kept the pressure on most of the game but it ended in a 1-1 tie. I took O home, then Lily took Daniel to his game while I went by RC Willey to look at washer and dryer sets. Cause I'm gonna cry if I have to keep doing laundry with my current machines. It's so frustrating. The couches at RC Willey looked very nice too - we need new side room couches soon. Those drive me crazy too - cushions slide out and it's so dirty. I guess I could try to clean it though. But doesn't this big gray set look nice?? 

Around 7:30 pm Corey and I went ride from trailhead to ruins and techy. Sunset was at 8:30 so that's why we drove there. I got it all today too! Esp proud that I got the 2nd bridge and Lisa rocks again. 6.78 miles, 1 hour 6 min, 2nd best for 3rd bridge to top! 12:58, pr is 12:30 on 10/23/25. Also 3rd best for 1st bridge to top at 35:04 (PR 33:41 11/17/23) and 2nd bridge to top 20:47 (PR 1-/23/25 at 19:41). Been a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...