Friday, August 7, 2026

Crafts and Hot Tub

Corey and I took a 7am bike ride this morning. Went up Jenni's to Tommy's and then instead of coming down Silver Queen (which we both love) we decided to explore and we went down Mojave and CMG. Mojave was crazy cool. If I could do jumps, I'd love it. Instead I'd just come up over the jumps and slow down and freak out that people are actually probably flying over those! CMG met up to Loose Moose,  I got 31 achievements, lots of PRs on Jenni's, which I was pleased by cause I was feeling a bit sluggish and thought I was going slow. Solid ride at 11.14 miles, 1961 elevation, 1 hour 49 minutes. We got back and the kids were all well. It's great having all these grown up adult children to help out. Melodie and Chalane have taken over JeNeal's role and brought up crafts for the little kids to do in the mornings up here at Park City. Today Mel broke out all of her sculpty clay that she's guarded for many years. She's held on to it so long that most of it was really hard to mold and use. She kinda laughed at herself for being so protective over it. Time to let it be used and loved. 
The kids had fun making small characters and animals. Peter made dinosaurs and Spider-Man
Katharine happy in both of those photos, then sad two minutes later, I can't remember about what. I think she's cute when she frowns. 
Then we went to the pool for a little bit. 
Having fun playing with Alvie in and out of the water.
Ethan and Bella packed up and checked out of their room this morning, but were able to stay around for a few more hours until they left for Bear Lake for a reunion with her family. We played Bananagrams. Ethan won.
Mel knitting, other kids playing games and doing puzzles.
We went in to the theater this morning to watch a movie but the system broke, so no movies today, which has been fine. This is the first year I actually have gone into the theater myself. I went in and watched Minions with the kids, and I fell asleep. But it's a cute little theater. They prob should make the chairs in the back a little taller, like put them on a slight platform or something. That would help Peter and Katharine to be able to see better. One of the kids usually gets to the theater in time to grab the front row though.

I took another ride this evening at 7pm - just a quick ride up Armstrong and down HAM & Seldom Seen. That's the classic ride up here. Started with Armstrong and HAM, figured it would be good to end with it. I decided to double up cause I don't think there will be time to go tomorrow morning, so this is it. I've loved being in these mountains. Biking with Corey is probably my favorite thing up here. I guess the family time is good too haha. Though I've wondered if we'd like it a bit more if we were all in a house together and didn't have separate rooms and kitchens? cause honestly I have not seen much of the cousins or in-laws except Wayne. A few times at dinner, a few times in the pool, but those were mostly in passing. Haven't had too much connection or deep conversations. A highlight of this year was Wayne joining us in the hot tub. He has possibly joined in before, but this is the first time that I can remember. We were all excited to see him coming in his swim trunks with a towel! The boys yelled to each other "Grandpa's coming into the hot tub!"
He got into the tub dressed like that - with his socks and sandals on. He got his legs in the water and that was it. Kept his flannel shirt on too. It was fun to sit and visit in there with him.
After late night hot tubbing, we went into his room for family scriptures and prayer. 
This is our last night at Park City. We'll check out of our room tomorrow morning and load up the cars, then probably hang around for a little bit. Family brunch is at 10. After that we'll head home and we have a lot to do before Abi's farewell tomorrow (unpack all of Park City stuff, mow the lawn, laundry, clean the house, feed my starter and get some bread going for tomorrow, Costco for grapes and other stuff for hosting her friends after church, etc etc). It's been a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...