Two days down, and it's been great. Yesterday Corey and I took a morning ride 8:15 am. I slept in until 7:30 am, which is late for my natural waking time. I must have been really out of it cause Corey said he tried to wake me up, and should have been able to cause I'm a super light sleeper. Peter had woken up during the night, so I was over there by him, and he was kicking and touching me, so I might have tried to zone it all out so that's why it didn't work? Corey left at 6 and was washing off his bike when I started. Then he decided to go again and he joined me for his second ride, my first, just doing a Park City classic of going up Armstrong and down HAM and Seldom Seen. It is a beautiful and quick ride, 7.88 miles that we finished in 1 hour 10 min. 8 achievements. Since Corey did a double ride, I did a double by going out again in the evening. At 6:45 pm I went up Armstrong again but didn't stop at HAM but continued up to Mid Mountain.
Mid Mountain was gorgeous!
I took that over to CMG, which was less chunky than I remember. The last time I took it was in 2022. Ride was 10.84 miles, 1 hour 45 min, fun, 18 achievements. Corey and I have all our veggies and goods to still eat healthy up here. Started my morning with my bean and veggie salad, sponsored by Costco.
Wesley reading yesterday while Katharine was enjoying his fuzzy head.
So soft!
Abi has been in a lock off unit doing her home MTC stuff. A few times when she's gone walking around the hotel, she's had people ask her for help as if she's one of the hotel staff, haha!
You do look the part Abi! (What is Katharine doing in these two pics? I don't remember, but what a silly girl!)
This morning, after a quick workout with Abi, I left to take Lily down to the valley. She had to be at Skyline for something, or so she thought. I was going to go home to clean the stairs while she was there, but before I got home, she called and said she didn't read the message right and she didn't actually need to be there today. Well, I still want to clean the carpet on the stairs, so I told her to walk around the track for exercise or something and I'd try to hurry. I got them all scrubbed and they look much better (we have a lot to do before people come over on Sunday for Abi's farewell!)

Mel and Christian ended up picking up Lily. After dinner in Park City last night, Mel and Christian went to his parent's house for a visit for Christian's birthday, then they went home for a few things they forgot. They came back up this morning and picked up Lily on their way, so I was able to finish the stairs and a few other things without needing to head back. I called a few places to see about ordering a new retainer for Abi, I set up an appointment for Monday and also have an option to order it online, but it's so expensive it's dumb, I hate it, retainers and orthodontics are such a racket, boo. Wayne went to a presentation today and got $200 for his time, he asked me if it would help with Abi's mission, and I thought we could use it for her retainer, but then he gave the card to Abi and she won't give them to me, and she wants the money for other things, not for the retainer... well, if she's not willing to pony up any cash for the retainer, I don't know why I should care (unless that's just what you do as an adult/parent, do things for your kids that they're too foolish to do themselves.) I said she should put it toward the shoes I just ordered for her, so she said she'll venmo me for that. We'll see what we do about the retainer. Hers is totally falling apart, but she said it's fine, so who cares I guess?
Today, like yesterday, was full of hanging out doing nothing or doing something by way of swimming, watching movies in the Mine theater, putting together the Park City puzzle, playing Flip 7, etc. Tonight was our family's turn to make dinner for everyone. Mel & Christian and Bella took care of our assignment and they made it super fun - they had it be a curry contest. Corey divided the kids into three groups, Mel and Christian gave out the ingredients and each group got their own kitchen to make their curry. Christian, Hyrum, Owen and Peter were the group cooking in our room where I have been blogging. Peter was chopping onions, until he couldn't do it anymore.
We got him some swim goggles and that cured him!
Cute kid!
I can't remember what the curries were, but one was green and two were red. All were delicious. The judges did a taste contest and I don't know if anyone won anything. We had ice cream afterwards for Christian's birthday. We didn't have a lighter, so we tried bringing a small flame on a candle from the bbq grill. It didn't work.
After a few attempts, the flame never made it to the candle on his ice cream, so then we gave up and sang anyway. Happy birthday (yesterday) to you, Christian! We are so grateful that you are in Melodie's life and a part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment