Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Get Up

It's Tuesday - time for the temple and errands. I went at 5 for initiatories at Jordan River, and I took Corey's car, cause I'd be back before he left for the temple, which has usually been 6:15, and I was back by then, but he had already left! And he took the van that the kids use. So then I was like "Well I guess they get to have Corey's car for the day..." Lily Sophi Natalie and Owen all left at 6:45. They get up on their own too and all leave right at the agreed time. I'm way impressed. They make it super easy. Daniel and Peter need a little more help getting out the door. They will lounge around in bed for 20-30 minutes if I'll let them. I have to stay in there and rub their backs and say "Stretch your body, wake yourself up. Get up. Get up. Hey, it's time to get up! Come on, it's time to get out of bed" etc for 20 minutes. 

As you can see from the sign he made, Peter sleeps on the Spider-Bed (cute). Peter was like "ugh, do I have to go to school??" Peter, it is only the SECOND DAY. Yes, you need to go. They do eventually get out of bed, and I continue to stay by them and tell them what to do. To each of them "Change your clothes. Put your pajamas in your drawer. Get your socks. Brush your hair. Ok, let's go downstairs" and then we get them bread or some fruit for breakfast and I sign their planners and put ice in Peter's water bottle and then they are ready to go. On a good day they'll leave by 8:30, on a not as good day they don't leave until 8:35 and then I tell Peter to run up the street, or I get to help him hustle up the street. Katharine is usually up by that time. 

I spent most of my spare time today reading. I finished "A Land Unknown: Hell's Dominion" which I ordered on Aug 4 and it arrived the 14th. I started reading it Friday as Corey and I drove to Jump for our date. Today Corey went to the temple too, and he also doesn't take carpool on Tuesdays, so that is the day I have a car. With said car, Katharine and I went to visit my parents for fun, I picked some morning glory from their lawn. Then we went to Costco, so I guess it was good I had the van instead of Corey's car. I had AC and room for all the food. And since I'm nice I fill up the car with gas. 

Today was Abi's p-day and it was so great to talk with her for the first time since she got to Mexico, yay! She is struggling with the language, but that is to be expected, so we told her she's right on track! Perfect! Yes, this is exactly how you should be feeling right now!  

Tonight Wayne came to pick up a kid at 5:30 to go to Hale Theater with him. There was a bit of back and forth as to who's turn it is to go. I need to keep better track so that it's fair. But we're pretty sure Peter has only been once, so I let him go. 

Such a fun tradition, I'm grateful Wayne makes time for his grandkids like this! I want to do stuff like that with my grandchildren.

Sophi made dinner tonight. I sat for dinner and then took off for a hike at 7pm. I just drove up to Lisa to explore. 2.25 miles, 1 hour 17 min. I cleaned up (organized rocks and logs) at the fort that whoever is/was making at Hogum Fork.

Big logs on left, regular hiking sticks on right. 

I got across the creek 4 times in new places! A little stressful cause I kept hiking up at one point, not sure if I'd find a place to cross, but I made it and didn't get my shoes wet and didn't get eaten by a cougar or any wild animal.

Corey said the BYU by Brother Kearon from today was really good. Elder Kearon talked about peace, rest, and slowing down. I think everyone in the world needs that message. I went on a hike tonight and it wasn't on the BYU Speeches podcast yet, and I didn't want to use my battery to have it on youtube, so I'm going to listen to it tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...