Today is the first day of our academic year schedule, as Daniel and Peter have joined their older siblings at school. Happy first day! Peter walked and Daniel rode his bike to the bus stop. I rode up with Katharine in the trailer. Daniel hid his bike behind a bush and they got in line.
The bus was there right on schedule at 8:42. BYE!And then I biked with Katharine over to the school so we could take a picture of them entering the school on "the red carpet". I found Peter standing in his class line and him come stand on the carpet for a pic. I assumed that when his class entered the building, it would be too busy with parents and children for me to see him, and I was correct.
I walked around to find Daniel but he wasn't there. He went into the school for breakfast. So then K and I started to get ready to go back home, when we saw her friend Scarlett. I invited her to come over to play and that worked for her mom so yay, Kat has a friend today!
They are a cute little duo.
Corey takes carpool MWThF, Tuesdays we both go to the temple (me usually at 5am) and Corey stays home from work that day so I have a car to run any errands or take care of appointments. Daniel and Owen both have soccer, O on Tuesday nights, Daniel on Thursday, and Owen also has trumpet on Thursdays. Wednesday is YW. Another part of our new schedule per Corey's request: sit down dinners. Thanks to Lily for helping that happen tonight.
Only 7 kids around the table, such a small group. Monday is FHE (though I'm going to try to persuade Corey to move that to Sundays). Tonight we had a paper airplane contest. Corey showing a video on the side room tv for people to follow.
No prize other than bragging rights. And while they were making their planes, I was cleaning up the kitchen. I will also be chopping veggies and making Corey's breakfast in prep for when he has carpool mornings. We don't even need to do carpool - Lily could just take Owen and Natalie when she and Sophi leave, but Corey said we should contribute to the good of the neighborhood, so that's ok. It will be good for him to be able to start his work day early and come home early for dinner. AND we'll do scriptures earlier and go to bed earlier too! I know we could do that of our own free will, but it helps to have an obligation to make sure we don't get lazy about it. 10 pm is the new bedtime goal.


No comments:
Post a Comment