Wednesday, July 2, 2008

P90X

I'm still trying to work off those final 10+ pregnancy pounds. I thought a half marathon would do the trick, but I guess it's such a gradual increase in the training regimen, that my metabolism doesn't get the kick into gear that it needs. So I'm still the same weight as I was during training for that (which was 3 months ago). So after a few friends talked to me about this, and after having Corey around when an informercial for it came on TV and making him step away from his laptop for 10 minutes so he could come be amazed at what it can do for us, we ordered it! It arrived last week, and we began our 90 days on Monday. So here's hoping for P90X to come to my rescue, and so far so good! It's day 3... and I am way sore. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get through an upper body workout today since I was still sore from the workout on Monday (and I didn't even do any of the pull-ups in that workout... we need to go buy a pull-up bar...). It's gonna be good. So, not that I want to raise anybody's expectations, but if you do happen to see me sometime within the next 90 days and you find yourself thinking "WOW! Look at you! What have you been doing to be in such phenomenal shape?!?" I thought I'd let you know now. :)

2 comments:

  1. If you don't have space for an outright pull up station, I highly recommend the P90X pull up bar. I love mine. Lots of hand positions and very sturdy.

    Good luck with your 90 days. You're definitely going to boost your metabolism working with Tony and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that, you will have to let me know what you think at the end of the 90 days! I wasn't losing much weight running either, but now I do two cross training days in my weekly training schedule, and once I added those in it felt like I was finally losing weight. I swim twice a week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...