Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An Only Child


From 12:30 to 3:45 every day, Wesley is an only child. Hyrum catches the bus for afternoon kindergarten at 12:30, which is the same time that Abi goes down for her nap, and with the other three in school too, it's just me and Wes. Today he happily said as we walked in the door from seeing Hyrum off to school, "Now I can play with Hyrum's stuff!" which a half hour before Hyrum was teasing him with. That made me laugh, Wesley is the little king of the house! And he plays great by himself, I'm usually able to take a nap in my bedroom or whatever else I want to do, and he doesn't bother me at all - he's just happy to have free reign over all the toys. Wesley is my easy going little perfect boy, he's an angel. And everyday at random moments he'll find me, come over, look at me and say with a sigh, "Mom, I love you..." The terrible two's have never occured with my children, but the feisty fours are vicious. I'll keep enjoying this time while Wesley is still 3 and hope the 4's don't ruin my little only child.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart! And truly, what is up with 4? We have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. On most days I have a little time with Mikey by myself between 1 and 2 when Conner's at school, and Sam's asleep. I love it. There's always a million things I want to get done but I almost always end up playing with him because he is too cute. I love the alone time and so does he.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...