Friday, August 30, 2013

Opposition

One evening this week we had a light sprinkling rain and rainbows. So I decided to go for a quick run, and then the winds came in as did the torrential rain and I got soaked. Opposition in all things (see verse 11). I love running in the rain though, it reminded me of when we lived in Virginia, I got caught in the rain a few times there.
One moment I'm enjoying some reading with Natalie curled up like a cat next to the warm fireplace and the rest of the kids are nicely and quietly playing. I'm able to do some work and get ahead just slightly with chores, then I hear water running. Sophia has made some soup in the tub. I'm glad I caught her before she threw in anything of value. Toys, a towel, blanket, pillow, I can handle that kinda of opposition.
And Natalie's starting to fuss a bit. I think she's missing her siblings constantly holding her now that they're at school. I haven't let her just cry yet, I'm sure we'll get there when I finally decide I really need to start getting things done around here. But no one likes to hear a sweet baby cry, right? We gotta go rescue the poor little creature and kiss her. Isn't this just the prettiest little sweetest face ever?
Oh Sophi, I mean Lily, no (ok Tiff, use your brain...her name is...) NATALIE, you are so pretty!!
I am doing that Bill Cosby thing a lot lately, where I just starting throwing out names when I'm trying to talk to the kids - I asked Abi to go get me a diaper so I could change Sophi, and I said "Can you go get me a diaper for Lily, I mean Abi... I mean...." and Abi looked at me and laughed "Get a diaper for ME?!?!" "A - diaper - for - SOPHI. That is what I meant to say." No current opposition with my brain right now, it's muddled all the time. Maybe I have a few decades of this then the opposition (razor sharp thinking) will kick in when we're empty nesters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...