Wednesday, December 24, 2014

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas 
at Eleven o-Three
My kids were not sleeping yet.
Too bad for me.

They were much to excited 
To fall fast asleep
So I put their energy to work
and the kitchen they did sweep

Then up to the bedrooms
to vacuum the floor
I was glad for this chance 
to have them do chores
They worked hard and quickly
So Santa could see
That they've been tidy children
since January

Then they still were not tired,
so they played cards and had fun
Around 11:30 I said
"Ok, time to be done"
 
They hushed up and layed still
While I bided my time
By laying in bed
and making up this rhyme
Now it's 1:49
and the stockings are ready
Time to unload Corey's car
of the spoils it does carry.

 I turned off Ethan's alarm
that was set to sound at 3
(He'll probably be a little bit
upset with me...)
But I can live with that
if it means I'll get some sleep
But now around the house
and sleeping children I must quietly creep
They started this tradition
of sleepovers under the tree
I like them making memories
I love my family!

 I hope not to wake them
And that in the morning they'll see
Lots of love for them
Under the Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...