Monday, February 16, 2015

February Party

We had our family February party tonight, in celebration of Love, Valentine's Day, our anniversary, and all things red and pink. The kids helped with much of the preparations, I did most of the room decorating. They helped set the table and prepare food. We were all set to go around the time the sun was setting, which helped with the ambiance ~
Here's a few pictures of the dinner party preparations





I put our wedding video on to help them contain their excitement and all sit in one place while I went and put on a red dress.
Corey and I have a pretty fun and great courtship story, if I do say so myself.


After the movie was over we sat down at the table. 
You kids ready to dig in?
I made a perfect amount of dinner food and it all got served up and eaten, and after dinner was done we opened up the dessert buffet ~ we had extras there by the evening end, which they were glad to eat for breakfast, cake for breakfast!

Natalie's glass was plastic, but she still made me nervous cause she's grab it with such eagerness, she seemed to be about to topple her seating companion's drinks on a few goes. She did pretty good for her first time sitting at the table for a fancy dinner. I still kept my eye on her most of the time. I think we need a bigger table!
Then the mess to clean up after, it looked like we'd just had a party
After we cleaned up most of the kitchen, Corey took the kids dancing in the front room, it was fun. Got a few videos of it. There wasn't enough of dad to go around and Sophi and Abi did quite a bit of weeping and wailing when it was someone else's turn.
"We are a happy family!" 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...