Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Moonset and Goodbye Van

There was a beautiful beautiful full moon this morning. It was almost full yesterday and I enjoyed seeing it on my walk/jog outside. This morning to exercise I went outside again and did some walking lunges. I did some around then neighborhood, then decided to take a quick drive to the canyon where I would be able to see the moon set and finish my lunges. I went on a little walk and found a good spot, so pretty.
 
I think I'll come up here next time on the almost full moon, hopefully there's won't be snow yet. The moon looked basically just as full yesterday morning, but it was really cool to see it in the dark sky. Either way though - take note self: bring my nice camera so I'm not trying to take a zoom photo with my phone. And cause my more professional camera won't have issues adjusting to the light sky or dark foreground. 

So, it was a momentous day - we said goodbye to our van of 12 years. We got this Chrysler Town and Country in 2006 when we lived in Virginia. It greeted us after our first trip to Brazil (it seemed like such a nice clean spacious car after that trip!) It brought us back home to Utah. Here it took good care of us and sustain a rather substantial work load caring for our family during many carpool trips to school and drives to Costco and band lessons, plus helping 3 teens learning how to drive...
You've served us well, Minivan.
So, after all that hardwork, I do feel kinda bat that this is how we thank you - Sell you for scrap and pocket $130 bucks and send you off, glad to finally get you outta the driveway.
We've had a month long delay cause I couldn't find where the title was... I sent in for a title replacement to the Utah DMV and we waited for that snail mail reply, and when it finally came it was empty - they didn't have one on record. It was a Virginia title, oh yeah.
But we couldn't do that online without a Virginia drivers' license or address, so then this past Friday morning I dug around in a few more files and I found it, yay! Corey called and scheduled the pick up and tow away... and today they came for the van.
We watched it go by as Natalie waited for the kindergarten bus. Goodbye van. Thank you for all your years of service, we do appreciate it, even if it seems right now like we're just glad to be rid of you.
Bye Van!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...