Thursday, October 14, 2021

Museum of Curiosity

I took kids to the Museum of Curiosity today after school. Lily, Sophi, Natalie, Owen, Daniel, and Peter. We first went downstairs to the Jungle play place. They had an area open that I hadn't been to before, with a dark cave and two little boxes where you stick your hand in and you get freaked out by a twisty thing with some yarn that touches your hand, the other box slighty zapped you, it was funny how freaked out we were! After an hour of playing down there, Lily and Natalie had a canopy tour that they paid for by themselves, good kids, and they had fun doing that. Lily on the left, Natalie on the right.
Lily said it was actually terrifying. The boys loved playing with some balls in this air vent thing, exploring how natural gas powers different things, they were there for a while, and then we went over to the waterworks area where I was able to get a view of Lily and Natalie - the boys were having fun.
I didn't put rubber boots or smocks on them, but thankfully they didn't get too wet. 
And they all love the 85 mph wind tunnel. Not a tunnel, little closet space place.
Even though I've been to the museum several times, today I saw parts of it that I hadn't been to before! Like the maze area - 
The David Anson Russo Gallery was pretty cool. I thought that it was neat that someone can make a living and a name for themselves making mazes! There is room for all sorts of talent and creativity on this planet. If Wes wants to channel his childhood in the future, maybe he could make a living doing mazes. I took this picture so I could try to solve it later - 
Lots and lots of puzzles and mazes. Fun.
And we ended in the theater.
Little prince Peter!
Changing costumes. 
I seriously want to have a little stage space like this in our house for the grandkids someday. And I think it's fun to imagine that each year we will plan which play to do, and make/buy the costumes and make the props and back drop curtains! It could be so fun! And we'll always have the costumes to do a nativity at Christmas too. That would be fun. 

One last picture - Abi's halloween costume finally came in the mail. She's very pleased with it and it's her new favorite thing to wear - a Share Bear (from the Care Bears) onesie. She's got to save money for a ballroom trip, but she and her friends all planned this out and she wanted to get it, so I thought it was silly but I'm also not a teenager in junior high. She has different priorities. 

Joseph got a ikon ski pass so that will be fun for him to join us skiing this winter! That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...