Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Momentum with my Boys

Last week, we decided that Corey needs to get up and going in the mornings, so he needs to be the one that takes Lily to jazz band. Yesterday we both went, but this morning I made sure he got up and took Lil. He needed a bit of help from me to get him out of the house until he gets back into his groove.
So I was able to sneak along there yesterday with Mel here at home helping, but I let him take Lily to jazz band today, and that is sad for me (sniff) cause now I need to find another way to Momentum. After Corey was back and getting ready for work, I woke up kids at 9 and said that whoever had their rooms clean by 10 could come climbing with me. We were a little slower than that getting out, but we did finally make it. It ended up just being me and the boys, cause Mel stayed home to practice violin (yay! she's learning just for fun) and Sophi didn't want to come, and Natalie either, and that all meant that I had lots of babysitters for Katharine, so I left her too. It was just me and my boys, (except for H). We listened to such a good talk on the way over - This one by Elder Bednar. It was excellent and helped calm my heart a little bit from worried thoughts I've had about Sunday school class this past Sunday. 

Ethan used one of our guest passes and is deciding if he's going to get a two week pass or no. Joseph got one yesterday, so he's 2 for 2 now with days climbing. He was a little sore from yesterday and doing problems like this green one - wow! Joseph did that yesterday, and today Wes gave it a go and did it no problem.
The big boys were trying other V2s and V3s
Little boys were in the Walltopia place - 
Haha, j/k Ethan, you're a big boy. Eth hasn't climbed for a few months, and so his hands gave out before his muscles did, but I kept challenging him with V1s that I've done: "Come do this purple V1 - You could do this one... Yeah I did it... it's a mom level... so you can do it." He easily did all the ones I have been working on since last month. And that's ok. I'm here to cheer him on. I even did the orange V1 again no problem! I felt like I wouldn't be able to, like my head wasn't in the game (with the little boys in the mix) but then I did it! so yeah, I felt proud. 
Ethan, Peter, and Wes taking a breather after the green and purple problems. 
Back to the kiddie area for Peter.
Peter did finally try a boulder. 
It was so cute, his older brothers told him to touch the last one to officially finish the climb, and Peter put out his one pointer finger and poked the "F" and we all laughed, it was really cute. "No, you gotta grab it! Grab it with both hands! That's right!" Joseph did this bathang - WOW!
Daniel was very done... laying on the floor "Can we gooooo....." but Joe, Wes, and Owen were all still going strong.
Trying out a new set that was all toe holds - balancing on their tippy toes!
It was a success. 

After that we took Joseph to Corey's parents and he spent day there studying. Abi and Lily still had school, Abi went to GMS after school. Natalie felt sick today, and D did too, a little bit, and then, tonight, after scriptures he threw up all of his food from today on the ottoman... it was after we were done with scriptures, but right before prayer, so I'm now realizing that we actually didn't finish that and didn't pray together. 

Getting ready for bed, Corey and I just talked a bit - he's feeling a bit stressed from Christmas prep and feeling "resentful", but I told him the feelings are just from his thoughts! Life coaching - or the Belief Box can help us. (I'm sure it's really just from stress at work and a demo he's preparing for on Thursday.) We just need to trust and go for calm. I told him I'll take over Christmas stuff from here. I'm going to figure out what he's done so far tomorrow and Mel will help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...