Tuesday, April 25, 2023

End of the Rainbow

Nothing much to report for the past two days, other than we had a rainbow yesterday.

A friend, Stephani, watched Daniel, Peter and Katharine for me yesterday as a bday present (from 9:30 - 3) - so nice! I blogged the whole time and... finished January! Go me. I feel sick, sore throat. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night either. I did 9 posts yesterday. I feel sick and tired, but gotta keep pressing on with life for these kids. We had violin yesterday. Owen's soccer practice was cancelled cause of rain. Today I had carpool, Wes picked it up for me cause he was over there at Corey's parents working. I've been feeling a little sick. I was totally fine on Sunday, then I was eating chocolate, and then all of a sudden as I swallowed, my throat hurt and it's been sore since and I've had a cough. So maybe no more chocolate for me. I took quite a few naps today trying to recover. Thankfully Katharine cooperated and napped with me. The other kids were up and about and asking me if they could play and other questions, which I half-consciously answered ("You can play after you practice trumpet"). We're all still alive. The kids have been doing so good at their habit cards. Natalie and Lily were really on a roll cleaning today, it was great. I'm on top of laundry and 3 out of 4 bedrooms are clean (still waiting on Abi and Lily's room - I'll give them a pass for one more day since they had their music lessons at GMS today and have been gone) so now it's 9:30pm and we're almost heading to bed. We had a sit down dinner which Natalie helped me make. I'm giving the little boys a bath (they were busy playing soccer with neighbors today), and the kitchen is ALL clean, dishes are all done, and I even mopped, which has not been done in a long while. I'm not going to completely finish my 3 goals by my birthday, but I'm doing good and making progress still in each. I do trust that I will arrive someday, and won't just always be striving towards them. Someday I'll make it to that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Once I complete them, then what will I be working on? Maybe my brain is afraid of not knowing what is next and so part of me is resistant to checking those things off. With the kids helping me, it's a lot easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...