Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to me and my mom and all you mothers out there! We had a nice family bbq up at Corey's brother's house with all of Corey's family. The kids waiting on the swing for the dinner bell to ring.

They are good kids. In case you don't know my children, the kids in order above are Sophi Abi Natalie Lily Wesley & Peter. Also known as SANLWP. We had a nice visit, kids played on the trampoline and swing, Wesley sang and played the piano with Lily admiring his talent. I think he was singing "Peaches" from the Mario Movie. 
Hyrum was able to call - it's always great to see him! Waving to me and Peter - 
Peter made me (although it was mostly his church teachers) this lovely potted flower of him! I had him hold it in front of his face to see if I could get it in line. The head is too big in my illusion, but pretty good.
And at Church we had such a wonderful lesson - our Bishop shared a special message with the sisters, encouraging and inviting us to "Lead out in nurturing themselves, each other, their families, and perhaps their neighbors--in creating peace, unity, refuge, ZION." It was so wonderful and got me really excited about how helpful life coaching can be to people! His lesson went along with so many thoughts I've been having regarding getting our thinking straight! Here are other notes, scriptures, and talks referred to from his slides - 

D&C 45, Romans 14, Sermon on the Mount - 
  • Whosoever is angry with his brother shall be in danger of his judgement.
  • First be reconciles with thy brother, and then come unto me.
  • Agree with thine adversary quickly.
  • Ye shall not resist evil.
  • Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 
  • If any man will sue thee at the saw and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
  • Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
  • From him that would borrow of thee turn thou not away.
  • Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you. 
  • Judge not unrighteously, that ye be not judged.
  • Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye. 
  • All things whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.
And this quote from President Nelson's recent talk "The Power of Spiritual Momentum" - from the April 2022 General Conference "None of us can control nations or the actions of others or even members of our own families. But we can control ourselves. My call today, dear brothers and sisters, is to end conflicts that are raging in your heart, your home, and your life. Bury any and all inclinations to hurt others—whether those inclinations be a temper, a sharp tongue, or a resentment for someone who has hurt you. The Savior commanded us to turn the other cheek,1 to love our enemies, and to pray for those who despitefully use us." 

Marion G. Romney quote from the talk "Price of Peace" that I can't find online, but here's a link to the audio - here is the slide - I'll try to come back and type this up - 
April 2023 General Conference - 

It was great and got me on fire and so excited. I was feeling like Katharine was when she woke up this morning!
She had the goofiest little smile, haha
We love her! 
I am excited to learn more and I want to dive deeper into those scriptures and really learn how to nurture myself and my family. I want to have a heart like Christ and desire the things that the Savior desires. We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...