Thursday, February 15, 2024

Kissing Booth Box

It was a happy valentine's day around here yesterday. I didn't help kids with valentine boxes, per the norm. But Sophi helped Natalie a lot...

They started it together, and maybe Sophi was just more into it, but she stayed up last night working on it, and made a nice big mess in the laundry room...

Then this morning (after I did a heart braid on her hair) Sophi showed Natalie the finished product. 

They came up with quite the creation. I give you the Valentine Box "Kissing Booth" ~

All the barbies lined up to get a "fresh" kiss from Prince Charming and his friend. I thought the menu of different kisses was quite telling: 
  • Peck 50 cents
  • Regular $2.50
  • Xoxo $5.00
  • French $10.00
  • Lip Smack $15.00
Sophi folded up a little paper and had it on the ground in front of the kissing booth. It was a short written up acceptance speech, so Natalie could read it after she won 1st place for best valentine's Box, which she was obviously sure to win! 
"Once you win, say this speech... "But I should really give the credit to my favorite sister, Sophia, who stayed up til 12:00 am making this, and got severely burned while doing, cuz she stepped on a hot glue gun while plugged in. She's the one who's really behind my success. Thank you." 
And when Natalie came home from school, she let me know that she did win. There were 4 categories: Humorous, beautiful, creative, technical. Natalie won 1st place in the grade for Humorous. Well done Natalie! Natalie also made me a valentine cookie on Tuesday at Activity days. She left it on the counter for me...
A cookie and a note, which two fingerprints on it, and also note the line that is going across the top left bump of the heart... Natalie explained: "Yeah, I added the fingerprint and hair on purpose. In case I die before you, you can remember me. So can I have Wesley's phone since you love me so much?"
The hair was a nice touch, ha! Another funny thing from yesterday, a story of motherly service... I was climbing, Lily texted that she forgot yoga pants and needed them for fitness for life. I was not going to run home and get them, but I offered the pants off my legs. I didn't have extra pants tho, so she was going to run out and get them when I texted that I was there, I texted that I was ON MY WAY and she came out (and I wasn't there) and then when I texted that I was there, her teacher wouldn't let her go out again. So after a few more texts, I took off my leggings, threw them in a bundle out the window, only was able to get them to the sidewalk (and couldn't go out to throw them further or set them anywhere, cause I was now pantless) and she picked them up after class. I assumed no student would take them,  and hoped that the school police or whatever wouldn't confiscate them as a possible bomb. So that was kinda funny. I drove carefully on the way home, to be sure I did not allow an opportunity for a cop to pull me over for any violation of law. 
Katharine yesterday morning, seeming a bit dazed and confused. Cute little girl holding her monkey. 
And then yesterday evening, the Young Women held a babysitting night and offered to watch any kids in the neighborhood, so that couples could go out for a few hours on Valentine's Day. This activity was Abi's, and it was a good idea! Owen and Daniel invited some neighborhood friends and we were glad that their parents let them come (I had to assure one mother that there would be no gospel preaching to the kids, it was just babysitting.)
They had two bounce house things and donuts and Abi made a lot of sugar cookies for some cookie decorating activity, they did a really great job. Peter running away to have fun ~
Natalie isn't in young women's yet, but she went over to help (and have treats)
It was a good valentine's day for everyone. I was able to come home and blog a bit. Today I was glad to finish this post and I've been playing with Peter. He is making sets, I just tend to collect animal lego figures, and dinosaurs...

I like how he has his lego minifigures fly by having them stand on clear wall legos. Very creative. I have creative kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...