Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Shrek Party

I'm at home with the boys. I'm letting them watch Gravity Falls while Corey is late at work. ALSNK all went down to Lehi tonight to Mel's place. They left at 5:30 and are sleeping over tonight and they're going to watch Shrek. It's a "Shrek Party" thought Katharine says they are a "Shrek Family"

See how they all did their hair in little space buns to kinda look like Ogres? And everyone has a little accent of green. Lily has Shrek socks, so she's really official. Cute and fun. Lily put some green lips on herself and did a few embellishments on Katharine. 

They made a green pistachio cake with pistacio frosting. They thought the batter smelled gross and are worried it will taste gross, but then that just makes is go along with the theme even more, right?
They sent some pictures of their fun - They ate an onion and Mel provided green face masks for the ogre theme. 

Katharine is 100% princess, and looks to me like she wasn't too sure about how they all looked. She'll have to be Princess Fiona next time.

Ready to binge Shrek

So that's fun and our house is definitely more quiet with them all gone. Peter was a little sad to not be invited, but we had out own party, aka I bought them ice cream and they're watching tv. Peter also had his face painted. 

Natalie did that earlier today, and she did Katharine too. 
Katharine is a deer.

Getting a pic of them together. 

Then Peter went to go test if his superpowers had increased.
While they've been watching the movie, I was outside checking on the baby humming bird. So yesterday Daniel found this little one on the driveway on the east side of our front yard. We googled and decided he was probably a fledgling and he was able to perch well so we put him up in a tree there while we went on our hike, and he was still there when we got back. Then this morning we couldn't find him anywhere. Then Daniel and Katharine heard him and found him while they were walking to a friends house. He was totally on the other side of the yard by the tree farm. So that's where we left him all day.  
Before the girls left for their party, I ran to Home Depot to buy a hummingbird feeder for it and it's mom. He didn't take any but I put his beak in there a few times to try and show it what to do. 
Not sure if it worked, but I left him perched in a tree with that, checked on him every now and then this evening. It looks like a storm is rolling in, so before I came in I put him on the ground by a rock where I think he should be shielded ok from the wind and rain. We'll say a little prayer for him and check on him in the morning. I haven't seen the mom come and feed it, but I'm just trusting she has, my only evidence being that this little guy is still alive since finding him yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...