Friday, March 6, 2009

Trip to California - Part 5 - California Adventure


On Thursday, Corey's parent's treated all their kids and grandkids to one more day of fun at the Disneyland Resort at California Adventure. None of us had ever been there before, and it was great.

We first headed to "a bug's land". Wesley and Hyrum were crying with terror at the "It's tough to be a bug" movie - that has 3-D action, water that sprays, and a huge robotic Hopper Grasshopper. I had to leave the theater with them cause they were screaming so loud. I was laughing. The other attractions were more to their liking.


Corey was still feeling sick, but came along (thanks sweetheart!) It was great to have him there with us.

Ethan and Grandpa Wayne on the Pill bug Bumper Cars.

Me and Wes

Hyrum and Corey


On the Lady Bug Boogie Ride

This is how the 1 year old's - Alixis, Isaac, and Abi - spent most of their day - waiting in their strollers while the other kids went on rides. Poor little kids.

Joseph and I had fun at the Paradise Pier - Just like at Disneyland, at California Adventure I ignored any warnings against expectant mothers riding roller coasters. I loved "California Screamin'! Joe and I went on it 4 times. Ethan was so sad he wasn't tall enough. Melodie handled it okay. The Maliboomer was awesome too, and also had a sign saying "Expectant mothers SHOULD not ride". But note that it did not say they "may not" "must not" or "cannot" - so it seems like they are allowing passengers to use their best judgement and personal discression. Atleast that's my excuse! :) I usually just trust they won't stop me from getting on and risk offending me - no one wants to guess at someone being pregnant, right? "Don't guess at that ever ever ever ever ever ever..." -Brian Regan


Wesley still wasn't able to ride most of the wimpy boring rides - not the Orange Stinger swings or the Jumpin Jelleyfish, pathetic! He enjoyed the Golden Zephyr. And we all liked the Toy Story Midway Mania attraction - way cool 4-D ride where you got to play digital boardwalk games with a laser gun, it was really neat! I wonder what other rides in the future will be like. Pretty amazing technology...

Pizza at the Boardwalk.

The Soarin' ride was amazing! On the tram ride back to the car on Tuesday, a man sitting next to us said to be sure to go on Soarin' - it's the best ride at California adventure. "It really feels like you're hang gliding". I didn't know what to expect as we were going in, cause it didn't seem like a large enough building for a simulated hang gliding ride, and how could they do more than one person at a time? It was awesome when we got in - totally blew my mind away. It was late in the day, I would have loved to go again, but it was Awesome! Be sure you go on that if you go to California Adventure. I wished all my siblings and parent's could have been there, it was so cool. Wesley should have been allowed to go on it - there was nothing unsafe for a 3 year old under 40 inches.
Oh well... next time you'll be taller, Wes!


Wesley did enjoy the Pixar parade - he saw Lightning McQueen and Mater!


California Adventure closes a little early in the non - peak season of January, so it was closing up shop at 6:00 - we ran over to the "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" to try and make it on one last ride - The Hollywood Tower of Terror! It was also the one on which I laughed the hardest. We were all able to go on the ride together and it was so funny to hear the kids scream - I was laughing so hard I cried! They were so surprised (it was nighttime which helped with the whole haunted hotel atmosphere.) Way fun.


Thanks to Wayne and JeNeal for allowing us all to create great memories at California Adventure.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I love, love, love the Toy Story ride, California Soarin & Tower of Terror! SO much fun! We must go as Hibbert's at some point in our lives...we could fill two elevators on Tower of Terror! Can you picture Mom & Dad on that ride?! That would be funny! Conner even went on it! It's so fun to see their scared faces in the picture afterward. Btw, Ashton HATES the 3D bug movie....HATES it. Those spiders come down from the ceiling...oh man, he looses it. Is it bad to laugh at him? So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. California Adventure looks so fun! We are only hitting the main park when we go in a couple of weeks, but I wish we could do both. And I wish I could do it all from the comfort of a stroller...what a life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...