Sunday, May 24, 2009

Trip to Yellowstone

The kids waiting to see Old Faithful

Last weekend we took a family trip to Yellowstone with my side of the family. I think it's the first time we've done a family trip like that with the Hibbert in-laws and cousins.

Here it goes!

Wesley got a little nervous as the water shot further into the air - he got up to run, but since the rest of us were holding our ground, his faith was slightly restored and he took a knee.

It was a lot of fun, I love my family. We stayed at the Gathering Place in Island Park, Idaho. It was a fun cabin big enough to hold my parents, 5 Hibbert siblings with 4 spouses, and 14 grandkids. We made lunches for the trips into the Park, and had breakfast and dinner at the cabin - many thanks to Aunt Amy who did most of the work there. I didn't get too many pictures, but Uncle Jared took care of that, we even had a DVD to watch of our trip the last night. I think my kids loved playing with cousins especially, and having snowball fights with Uncle Grant. It was fun to watch the night sky with Dad. I don't feel like I contributed too much to the party - the drive up kinda wiped me out I think and I was running low on energy the whole time. But I could sit around on the couch, so one of my highlights was watching Brian Regan with my siblings, he cracks me up. I don't have a stupid husband, quite to the contrary, but I love Brian's CLIP on "Stupid Husbands" especially the smirk he makes right here at the beginning, immitating a wife saying "My husband is so stupid..." Way funny. I also love THIS CLIP and have committed it to memory, cause I know I easily let minor things irritate me, so now I'm gonna say "Nah! We haven't even had a man on the moon yet! Why would I let something like this bother me?" So that was fun to watch those videos with my siblings and their spouses. I'll post a few more phots later.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to get the whole family together! We were at Yellowstone last summer and are headed there again this summer. It has such amazing sights!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...