Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wes and Lily

Wesley likes Lily, but has also just let his life continue as normal since her birth. He plays with his toys and in his imaginary world just as before - he hasn't come knocking on the door when I'm nursing to ask to see the baby. So today when he happened to be walking by as I nursed, I asked him if he'd like to hold Lily when I was done. He said he just wanted to give her a kiss, which he did, but still took Lily when I offered again. I got distracted cleaning and making a snack for the other kids, when I paused and thought "Where's Lily?" I went to where I had left her, with Wesley on the couch, and this was the precious scene before me. I called Corey in to see. I thought it was priceless. So I took some photos, and then took Lily before she rolled off his lap as they slumbered. :)



Don't you love Wes' rainboots?

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely precious. I'd probably cry at such a sweet scene. Wesley is such a cute boy. How tender that he just held her until he fell asleep. Looks like he's got the makings of a good parent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...