Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pointe Shoes

We got Melodie's pointe shoes today. 
We got them at Pat's Dancewear in Bountiful, that's Utah's "Point Shoe Place." Who knew there were so many different kinds of pointe shoes? 
They all look the same, right? But each one is just a little different. She tried on about 10 different kinds, then narrowed that down to 4, and then compared those 4 to each other until she finally decided on a pair that was comfortable.  ...as comfortable as pointe shoes can be. (not that I know... I'm not a dance mom. Well, I took a few years of tap dance, but I don't know anything about ballet.)
It was about an hour process. Sophia, who is all about shoes (from her Christmas dolls yesterday) seemed to enjoy watching Melodie. We are pretty sure that "shoe" is Sophi's favorite word.
We've all been sick during this holiday week. Sophia's still got a stuffed nose and cold, but was a perfect little girl during the shoe process. And she loves Natalie. 
With Mel as the amazing big sister providing the inspiration, it will be fun to see if someday we have a group of little ballerinas. Maybe they can teach me how to do the splits or atleast help me improve my posture. I think I hunch over too much, I should have taken ballet!

2 comments:

  1. SO exciting for Melodie! I remember when Jordan got her first pair of pointe... the fitting took over 2 hours! A new stage has begun for you guys. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...