Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Well Visit Outing

Last Monday Natalie had a 6 month check up. With how excited the girls were go be visiting the outside world, you'd think I never take them out.
And that would be a fairly accurate thing to assume, since I usually avoid taking kids in tow unless it's absolutely necessary.
So, this was just a simple well visit with no ultrasounds. I didn't expect to have a 90 minute wait time at this clinic considering my past well visit experiences here, therefore I didn't bother asking a friend to watch them or having a sitter... Get your coats and shoes, girls... we're gonna leave the house today! Aren't you excited?
I was getting a kick out of them the whole time, they were just cutely (not crazily) running from one thing to the next and pointing at it or talking about it ~ "Look! Fish! Look at how big my face is!"
"Look! A garbage can and a window!" ~ and then dash off to the next discovery.
Natalie was just gorgeous and adorable as ever, says her smitten mother. Playing with her monkey quietly in her carseat while her sisters seize this opportunity for adventurous exploration.
Into the doctors room to wait for our turn to be seen. The nice nurse lady got them some books to read.
And those precious few minutes of seeing them look at books reminded me that I need to get more "pretty" books for these little princesses, which they are low on because of normal wear and tear and also because of incidents like this that happen all too often. I went to the thrift store to find pink books and hit the jackpot, sweet! I'm okay with them ruining books that cost a buck or less.
Natalie checked out great, then over to another waiting area for the immunizations. They were intrigued but a bit disappointed by the fake fish there.
Natalie screamed for her shot, and Lily and Sophi were glad it wasn't them. You just have a few months, Lily, you are a little four year old that is going to be a very little kindergartner next year and will have your turn then.
Abi told Lily all about what it was like to try to prep her for the future trauma. See you then doctor. I'm very grateful for these happy and healthy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...