Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Feast

Yesterday we had our September "Family Party" but it wasn't really a big party, I told the kids it was just a fancy dinner ~  "Fall Feast". It worked out nicely since it was fast Sunday, so everyone hunkered through the afternoon and watched 17 Miracles (love that movie) while I made preparations and then we all enjoyed a nice meal together around 5:00. "Abi stop fingering the cake!"
It was my first attempt at icing a cake - I used a chocolate fudge icing but minus the cocoa to keep with the early fall color theme of the food. We'll do chocolate next time. The kids wanted store bought frosting instead, but I told them we were gonna try something new. After tasting it they all said it was amazing and the best cake ever. See! I was right! They are all looking forward to it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...