Friday, April 3, 2015

Parque Dom Pedro

We left the house today! We went to the mall Parque Dom Pedro. It is just a quick 8 minute drive away (we live south of it, right by Parque Portugal). I think with a little more study of the map of Campinas, I might be brave enough to venture out on my own to go grocery shopping. 
We were all having some hazy flashback memories from when we were here 8 years ago.
They had an ice skating rink there. We didn't skate, but Corey did want to peek in and check it out. It was smaller than I thought - I told Corey they ain't got nothing on him and his rink.
Then we went to the food court where it was nice to see some American trademarks - Subway, McDonald's, Pizza Hut... Perhaps we aren't really that far from home. (?)
Sophi striking a pose. Her bangs that Lily cut for her last fall have grown long enough that I need to decide whether I want to keep them and cut them again, or pull them back so she can see. We pulled them back today.
 Yay! Happy Meals!
Do you all feel like you're in America? Next time we're going to go to Habib's. I do remember Habib's from last time.
The kids sat at one table, and Corey went and got some "Divino Fogao" for him and me - they are like a buffet place where you chose your food and get it weighed.
 
After lunch, we went shopping at Walmart! Wow, we really are at home!
But this isn't the US version - Last time this store was called "BIG" and that's still what it is. I remembered buying the kids paper cuadros here a lot. They were always drawing. No Hello Kitty cuadros this time though.
Does the US Walmart sell Pirahnas? Nope, this is a Brazilian treat only
So I checked out while Corey waited with the kids, just so I could figure out how to do it again. I stood in the express check out for 5 minutes before they told me I had too much for that lane - so now I know where to look for that sign too. There were just a lot of people there, I couldn't tell what lane was what, it was just crowded, but now I know. Then Corey showed me where to get the parking ticket validated and where to pay if I don't get validated. (This was his third Walmart run this trip, so he's a pro). Now out to our two little cars to load up.
Next time I'll come sans the little people, and thus hope to have more time to explore and hopefully find jelly, tuna, and a few more essentials I might recognize. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...