Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Daniel Is 1!!

Happy Birthday to everyone's favorite little man!! Daniel, you did it! You turned 1!
Are you ready to PAR-TY! Put your hands in the air!
Yes, this little guy is so proud of himself. He's standing up!
"Look ma! No hands!"
He's not walking yet, but I think we are just days away from this little guy becoming a bi-ped. I'm going to miss him crawling. Our baby days may be over forever. So here is Daniel and his chocolate face. Hooray for me (aka the Birthday scrooge), that this little one year old did not have any birthday expectations. I, knowing this, did not do a darn thing. I told him the day before though. I said "Daniel, I'm not getting you any presents" and he was completely fine with it. Thus, we didn't put up the "Daniel is 1!" letters in the kitchen window. And I didn't get Daniel any cake. Or ice cream. And he doesn't mind one bit. We did celebrate with a little bit of chocolate - a wheat roll with some nutella, hence the messy chocolate face in these pictures. Nutella is everyone's favorite and the sweet chocolatey calorie curse keeps showing up in our house via Corey who keeps buying it. He feels some kinda need to buy junk and un-healthy foods since I began my attempt to turn our home vegan. I get to eat un-vegan desserts on our birthdays, thus 11 times a year if I'm good. I ate some nutella with bread, then I ate some more, then I threw it up high on top of the cupboards so I couldn't get it without a stool and some conscious effort. I am now safe until the kids start asking if there is any more nutella, at which time I'll probably serve up bread and nutella for everyone so we can try to be rid of it! Atleast until Corey buys it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...