Friday, October 26, 2018

Crazy Hair Day and Chili Cook Off

I stayed up a little longer than I wanted last nigth to put curlers in the girls hair (Abi, Sophi, and Natalie). Today was Crazy Hair Day, and Abi wanted to go for the crazy Amelia Earhart hair that Lily had going on last year for the wax museum. I did Abi, then Sophi wanted curlers, then Natalie. This morning I wasn't able to help Abi and Sophi do their hair cause I had an orthodontist appointment at 8, so I was out the door before they were. Luckily the older kids were home to help (they didn't have school today cause the term ended yesterday), so I woke up Melodie and asked her to get them ready and out the door, and she did. But she didn't take a pictures, so I don't have a picture of their crazy hair or the cup Mel put in Lily's hair, but I did get this picture of Natalie before she left for afternoon kindergarten.
Out at the bus stop - a little Shirley Temple!
Her friend Grant had Legos in his hair. Crazy hair day is always a bit trickier for the boys with short hair.
So that will just have to do for our family crazy hair representation at school this year - you get the idea. This afternoon I went to the temple to do sealings. I've made it to the temple every Friday since President Nelson's conference invitation to the sisters, yay, I think Friday afternoons are a good time since its' early out day and I can sneak away for an hour while Owen and Daniel are napping.
Tonight we had a "chili cook-off" and soup dinner at our church with neighbors. I brought two things, cause I just got excited cooking - Ethiopian cabbage recipe which is just a lovely fall looking dish, and I also discovered and made this Curried Carrot sweet potato and ginger soup - Oh my goodness, I thought that soup was so delicious! I loved it. I ate it at home, then ate 3 servings of it there at the church. The kids didn't have much of any of the soups or chili's - Daniel eating a Costco chocolate chip cookie - 
Owen eating a cookie...
Natalie's "chili" - a cookie with shredded cheese...
How's your dinner, Natalie? 
Oh these kids, what are we going to do?  I didn't even bother trying to enforce food standards there at the church, but it was another example to me of why we can't have any desserts in our house if we want our kids to eat actual nutritious and filling foods/meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...