Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Lost Flute

Last Friday after school, Melodie and Ethan both had to go to American Fork for music - Mel for an Lyceum rehearsal, Ethan for a Crescent practice. Mel dropped off Ethan and then when she got to her rehearsal, she could not find her flute in the car. Her phone had just died, so she went to buy a cord and then let it charge for a few minutes and then she called me to as what she should do. She remembered getting her flute out of her locker, and then going to the bathroom, and then going to the car. So it was lost somewhere between the locker and her car. I was on my way with Sophi to a violin group lesson which was out near Skyline. I told Mel I'd go look at the school... It was 4:15, I was hopeful that it was still open. It was, and I went in, and looked in the bathroom, asked the janitor, the janitor took me to the office and we found what looked like the lost and found but there was no flute. He said maybe they put it somewhere else if it was big (the lost and found box wasn't big enough to hold her flute and music bag and books), no luck anywhere. The other bathroom it might have been in was locked, so I waited and looked trying to find a janitor again to unlock it. When I did, looked in there, no flute. Even though Mel was sure it wasn't in her locker I told her to give me her locker # and combination just in case. No flute in there. After an hour, Sophi's teacher called to tell me Sophi was really worried I had forgotten her. I thought she wasn't done until 6 but I guess they were done at 5, so I left Skyline flute-less and went to pick up Sophi. I told Mel she'd just have to check at the office on Monday/today. Mel's rehearsal on Friday went until 8 and Ethan was done earlier, but since she wasn't able to play, she decided to wait for Ethan and just come home. Hmm, where could the flute be?

Melodie used Corey's old student flute at her Lyceum concert on Saturday and said it was fine.
(Side note - they have two concerts coming up for the holidays, mark your calendar, they always do such a good job, and also two free concerts in March -
Dec. 5th - Christmas Concert with Lexi Walker and Vocal Point at Weber State - Tickets here.
Dec. 8th - Christmas Concert with Vocal Point and Heritage Youth Choirs at AHS - Tickets here.
March 8th - Side-by-side Concert with U of U Philharmonic at Abravanel Hall - FREE admission, 7:30 pm
March 9th - Concerto Concert and Tchaikovsky Symphony 6 at U of U, Libby Gardner, - FREE admision, 7:30 pm
So anyway, today she went to the office to check if anyone had turned in a flute. No luck. We've been checking the classifieds online just in case anyone stole it and is trying to sell it. But that seems like an odd thing to have it stolen - cause it would have been stolen by a girl and would have had to be taken like right away for it to be gone while Mel was in the bathroom stall - if I saw a flute I wouldn't think of taking it to sell it, so that one girl would have had to been looking out for an opportunity like this, which again just seems unlikely. We're really puzzled as to where it could be. I sent out a text to my family to ask for their payers. I haven't been worried over the weekend cause I was sure it'd turn up yesterday, now it's just a mystery. Here's hoping for a miracle that it will turn up. But if not, I guess we'll start saving our pennies for another one. Corey went by the music store today to see if they'd let us rent one for a couple of months cause Mel has her college application audition videos coming up. ...But they want a year contract to rent, so hm, not sure what we'll do. Just keep praying and thinking as to where it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...