Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Barbie Creativity

Last Wednesday, Iveth and I cleaned all the kids' bedrooms. And there's nothing that beckons to a child's creativity like a clean room. It's like a blank canvas, just waiting and begging someone to come and express their creativity on it. So the girls have been in full Barbie mode for a few days and their room is messy again. They got into my fabric and tulle and thread and I'm like oh well, I'm not getting around to sewing anything anytime soon anyway. Abi did it last year. Lily's decided to use little elastics and tulle instead of sewing anything. Well, they did try to sew, but then they cut and poked their fingers, so then they opted for using little hair elastics.

So our friend Junior was invited to stay with another neighbor for a few days (cause Corey has a friend from Chile coming to stay with us, he just told me last Wednesday when we were talking to Joseph, Corey told Joseph and I was like "Oh? Nice to know"... I'm getting used to this and it's not stressing me as much anymore) Anyway, so he left and so the room downstairs was clean and provided another blank canvas... it took the girls all of 30 minutes to go trash it...
But as Iveth says "Dejales jugar" Let them play. "Estan felizes" They're happy. Yes it is good for them to play. Mel said she thought it was good that they were being so creative.
So I'll take a breath and let them be kids. I was impressed with their work.
Looks like they are fairies from Pixie Hollow? Or are these Barbie sized Elvendale characters? Yes, Lily got into my cardstock to make the fairy and butterfly wings. Oh well... in addition to not being close to sewing stuff anytime soon, I also do not forsee scrapbooking in my near future. So go ahead, cut it up.
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without. Last night they also made clothes for themselves. Natalie wanted to wear her dress to school. Go for it.
Pink fabric tied on with sparkly tulle. Cute kids. And this last pic is of the barbie's horse stable, made out of toilet paper rolls and a towel with a pink baby blanket for the barn door.
It is good for them to be creative. And someday when I'm a grandma, I'll buy fabric and cardstock again for my grandkids to use to express their creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...