Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve

Well, it's late. The kids are all still awake and getting ready to have their sleep over under the tree. But I'm a little worried. Corey is feeling a little sick and he's already in bed, so that means this is up to me. It's usually been up to me to set presents out, but this year it was also up to me to wrap things up, and I am the only one aware right now of the poor job I did. Well, Mel knows too cause she helped. It was mostly because we waited until today to wrap, and Corey took the kids skiing, so I did it. And I didn't know where he put the wrapping paper he wanted "Santa" to use... I assumed he had left it at the North Pole (aka his parent's house) but it wasn't there. I called him on the bunny hill. It was at home in his office closet. I was already at his parents  and I didn't want to go back home to get it, cause I was under a time crunch cause we were having the Wride family gathering at our house at 3. So, we made do with some that his mom had on hand, that she warned us was not pretty. I figured it was good enough to get it home without kids seeing the gifts. And if Corey was particular, then he could redo it. Well yah, he's in bed so that's not gonna happen. I didn't put bows on anything. I've got an alarm set for 2:10 to set it out - trusting the kids will be asleep by then. But I have a feeling it's gonna be missing some of the "magical"-ness that the presents under the tree usually bring. Mostly because we only did 3 gifts each kid. (Well, Owen and Daniel just get 1 and Peter doesn't get any) So yeah, we'll see how this goes tomorrow morning.

A few pics of today - Mel came to wrap with me, and we brought Peter and Daniel. Corey and I had come over by ourselves to his parent's house on Sunday, to bring the gifts and to go through them and decide if we had enough and what to give to who. So it was all decided and all I had to do today was wrap. I left Ethan, Hyrum, and Abi home to clean, and said they could play the Wii when they finished. Corey took Wes, Lily, Sophi, Natalie, and Owen skiing.
Corey said the skiing was magical. And he felt bad that I couldn't see it, cause it's just wonderful. He loves seeing the little girls ski, fall, and then to get up on their own cause he's too far away to help, or cause he's helping this little guy.
Owen likes skiing! And we love it cause it's such an awesome way for them to learn that they can figure things out on their own!!  
Today was also Victor's first time on the hill.
Corey said the highlight for him was seeing Wes and Victor skiing holding hands as they came down. Wes said that Victor fell, and Wes went to help him up, and Victor wouldn't let go of his hand. Skiing is also a great chance for the big kids to learn more service as they help their younger siblings and occasional guest.
Good job Wes!
So they got home from skiing and I got back from wrapping. I left all the presents sitting in the fiesta, not even trying to hid it. Thankfully the house was clean and ready for the family gathering. We started with food, and then something new this year was a game of Geneopardy (Jeopardy with personalized questions about one's own ancestors. We used Corey's pedigree tonight)
So that was fun.
Owen on the ottoman there, he walked around in his ski boots all night! ...and he had all day too. I think him and Daniel feel cool in them. After that we had the family talent show - I played some violin songs with Sophi, and then I did one with my nephew Seth who is a great violin player and I told him I'm gonna catch up with him when he's gone on his mission in another year and a half. Then we played the saran wrap ball game.
The kids look forward to that.
Wes letting me know that as soon as he has his turn to unwrap, Hyrum rolls doubles right away and Wes basically just keeps passing it along. Everytime!
They were small rolls of the dice, making for a quick paced game.
Ethan and Abi won the coveted $5 bills in the center.
So it was great, that was fun, and I still see lights on out in the hallway. I'm gonna take a quick snooze and then get up at 2 am, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...