Thursday, December 12, 2019

Melodie is 19!

Today is Melodie's Happy Birthday!! It was a bit of a crazy evening... She had a concert that we wanted to go down to, but Corey and the young men (Corey is YM President) were in charge of doing the activity today with the Stake's Special Needs group. Corey was behind in hours, so I told him I'd help get the activity ready - they were making gift baskets, and Corey was in charge of getting supplies for cards for them to make with each gift basket. They needed to be big cards and there needed to be 30. So I presented some ideas and he decided that half of a poster board was a good size, then with it folded in half it would be a good card. And so, while I waited for Abi during her flute lesson, I went by Dollar Tree for 15 poster boards and I got some green to make trees, and I got some stickers, markers, and glue to decorate the trees. When we got home, Lily helped me cut out 30 of them. This was our example for the special need adults to follow - grab stickers and markers, decorate your tree, put the presents under the tree, and voilĂ  - you got yourself a christmas card.
We worked fast cause Corey was leaving around 6. I mostly worked on the trees, Lily did a great job helping and she also cut out squares for the presents. Daniel playing with the extra trees.
So since I was so busy doing that, I didn't get ready to leave the house to go to Mel's concert. Plus it was tricky juggling ourselves and the kids - Wes was at a LBB recording at 6 (Corey's parents dropped him off on the way to Mel's concert) We didn't know how it would work with Corey coming back for me and who would be able to come along for the concert... anyway, I helped out a lot with making the cards a success. Corey left early with Owen and Natalie so he could pick up Wesley and then go to the concert. Wes was late getting out of the recording so they barely missed Mel's concert but they still went out after to celebrate Mel's birthday.
Good job Mel! We didn't hear you play but we know you were wonderful!!!
Wes, Natalie, Owen, Corey and his parents and Mel all went out for a late dinner at Olive Garden. Happy birthday Mel! We love you! 
Sorry that in our craziness here I forgot to give Dad your birthday presents. I'll try to bring them down to you. Actually, she'll be home next week so we'll probably just wait til then, Christmas is almost here!

ps - here's a picture of Daniel this morning doing his spiderman reach and stretch after watching me do my flow stretches, I thought it was super cute. They are always watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...