Friday, July 10, 2020

Natalie is 7!

Today is Natalie's happy quarantine "yellow phase low-risk" birthday!
Thanks to Abi for the celebratory name in the window. Natalie had two presents at the table. First she opened the present from Sophi -
It's the tree of life!!
The other present was the one I bought yesterday while she was with me. It was a big Friends Lego set of the Heartlake Restaurant that she chose when I let her come to the store with me. Abi woke up early to make Natalie some crepes for breakfast in bed.
"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!"
Natalie sleepily sat up to eat her breakfast on the bottom bunk
Peter wants some.
Natalie shared! She's still usually very good at sharing. Peter is a cutie!
So, last weekend, Natalie was quite weepy saying how boring things are with Coronavirus. "I am sick of Coronavirus! It makes all the days not fun!" Mind you, this claim of boredom was made after spending a night up in Park City again and also a weekend of camping and boating at Pineview reservoir... I think she's lacking perspective. But I was also sympathetic to her birthday plight, cause she has not had a friend party yet. So, I sent out a text yesterday to some of her favorite classmates to see if we could any of their parents were comfortable enough to let them come over for a small get together in our back yard for N's birthday. Four of the five were able to come. That works! It was a low stress party for me, since it was very last minute. Natalie was telling me this morning that she wanted a pinata and started to lay out other requests, but I told her there wasn't time. This was just going to be a sprinkler under the trampoline party. We set out towels and lawn chairs for our decorations.
The girls took a break jumping and so that the little kids could have a turn.
Time for cake and ice cream - I was grateful that Abi was the party coordinator for me and stayed out there supervising most of the time. She also made the cake.
Even with just four friends here, it was still a big enough looking group because of all the siblings. Daniel, Wes, and Peter enjoying "Playdoh" ice cream.
Opening gifts.
Inside, Lily had been working on making Natalie's restaurant lego. Natalie chose this mostly got it cause it had really fun pieces, like the bathroom pieces, the dumpster, the food, and lots of things that they can use when they make houses that will make Natalie's house really great! She'll have a fun kitchen with all these restaurant pieces. Lily liked the set, she showed the finished lego to Natalie after the party was over.
And then I let everyone take a break practicing today, so they just played all day with Natalie's stuff. As we gathered for family prayer, I told her to say cheese - Natalie, I hope you had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...