Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Ballroom Performance

Abi has been in ballroom again this year, and they had a performance this evening. I had a busy day with lost of things, but she let me know that the dress code was red lipstick, fake lashes, and hair back in a low ponytail. Abi was still home feeling the last of her illness toady and saving up any energy for the performance, so she babysat while I went to get her stuff (and do a lot of other running around) and then I did her make up when I got home. She was feeling pretty fancy schmancy.

Joseph and Wesley were both in ballroom, and I'm glad that I documented their performances atleast once, but if Abi had a performance last before covid hit last year, unfortunately it didn't make the blog, I therefore have no memory of it. So we were excited to document her 2021 debut today. She was going to go to school just for the ballroom class so she could rehearse, so I drove her out there but when I called to excuse her absences for the rest of the day, they informed me that 4th period, which was ballroom, was going to end in 10 minutes. That was as I was dropping her off for what would normally be the starting of class. They said it was because there was assembly schedule because of an awards assmebly at the end of the day. Darn it. So I let Abi run in for 10 minutes and I ran over to Skyline to try and get Hyrum's cap and gown. I first had to check with Hyrum's counselor if he's good to graduate, and it looks like he is! 

He had one more grade that he needed to get up to passing, and, he did, so yay, we're glad he is cleared to graduate! Sure... it would be nice if our kids were beyond the point of being relieved to be passing, but this is where we're at. Since he's already accepted to college and stuff we won't give him a hard time about it. They told me that they were handing out caps and gowns at little snack shack near the cafeteria but not until 11, ok cool, I'll just come back after I take Wes to GTI. So I got the yellow card, I went back for Abi and took her home. I grabbed Wes and turned right around without the little boys and took W to the GTI for his architecture class. After taking him, it was about 11:15 so I stopped by Skyline to get his cap and gown, and was then going to try and go to the gym on my way home, but turns out they weren't passing out gowns until 12, blah. I didn't have time to do anything productive, so I just waited in the car and re-listened to the Follow Him podcast and took notes from episode 20, I love that one. I've listened to it like 3 times now. After getting the cap and gown, I went home to make a lunch for Wes and Corey, then drove to GTI to pick up Wes and then dropped off Wes at the Salt Mine to work. Then I did my makeup errand and gym workout and then back home around 3:30, in time for when the kids got home. Got Abi ready, a little bit of homework and kitchen clean up, then kids sock and shoes on, and we left late for her 6:30 call time, but it was ok. It was a nice performance. This blue dress was one of her favorites. She's the short haired blonde in the middle, in case you didn't know.
Front and center again - 
And taking the solo female lead!
There were a lot of costume changes! Fyi, she hated this green and white dress. 
But it was fuuunn, good job Abi! It was fun to watch you dance. Good job me on getting us here and supporting you!! I've been doing a lot lately, motherhood and chauffeur wise, so I'm proud of myself. I'm up late blogging this - Corey has been working late a lot this week and last week on the behalf of his co-worker Wesley. 😜 Wesley has been working hard to get everything done for a BYU Independent Study class ...that he's had a year to do but put off mostly until this last month. It was due today, and around 11:50 I got a text from Corey just informing me that Wes admitted that he wasn't going to finish, so Corey remembered he could pay a $20 fee to buy him an extension. So they just did that and are on their way home now. That was a long day for them, too. Owen didn't like going to bed without Wes, so he came in here and feel asleep with Peter. I was here typing so I didn't lay down with P, but they both eventually collapsed. Peter's neck looking very relaxed as he slept on Owen's legs.

 

That is how a just-getting-by's mother's children look at the end of the day. Not very comfortable imho, but I guess he'll fix it if it's bothering him. He just fixed it.
Cute little boys. Anything else from today.... Oh I got a text from Corey, showing his text from Hyrum, that he (Hyrum) got his first independent sale today! He got it all by himself, yay Hyrum! That makes a total of 4 sales I think. The other's he had when he was "shadowing" Joseph or something, so H didn't feel that those really counted. It's been a month today since they headed out. Hyrum expected having more sales than that by now, but that's ok. Door to door sales is not a fun job, but it will be good mission prep either way. That's todays wrap, and that clock up on the wall keeps tickin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...