Sunday, November 14, 2021

Delightful Sabbath

This Sunday, Corey and I kinda had a plan! We didn't coordinate our plans, but since we both had planned something, it made for a very nice Sunday. It was Stake Conference, so it started off with us watching church over zoom. We could have gone in person, and in past days when I was a stronger woman, I might have made us all get up and get ready and then gone to church for those 2 hours with 8 kids in tow, but today, we stayed home and it is ok. The kids watched in their pajamas...

Or napped as they "listened"...
Just kidding, two year olds don't listen. So it was ok to just snuggle up with my Peter baby. Corey had told Daniel that he could have a ring pop after "church" and Daniel didn't nag, so he got a ring pop. Corey destroyed the one bag yesterday, but we had been gifted two. 
So no hard feelings after yesterday morning's face off. Corey and Daniel are still friends. 
Corey and the kids played pictionary after lunch. I was upstairs reading and slept a little too, but I could hear them all laughing. Later Abi said she wanted to have a fancy tea party, and I gave my blessing. She made a lemon cake, I opened the pantry so that they could get other goodies, and they all dressed up for their meal. Owen! Looking sharp!
Abi gave them a lesson in proper dining etiquette. 
"Hold up your pinky!"
A video as their fine dining event began.
And then the thing I had planned yesterday to do, with Abi's support, was to go to Waterford. The kids were just barely wrapping up their party, but we were losing sunlight, so I told them to hurry and let's go and we made it out. Corey and Wes stayed home. I think Corey was reading and writing a letter to our missionaries. We live in a beautiful area.
We didn't have any game going on, just monkey in the middle with the soccer ball, and we passed it around.
Natalie tried hitting the tennis ball, which didn't work that great, but that's ok. Owen and Daniel spent most of their time playing on the hill and collecting acorns.
The sunset was AMAZING...
and it just kept going and going. Usually it's bright and vibrant and then one glance later it's over, but this one lasted a long time and we all noticed it over and over again. Then I was like "Oh... duh!! A silhouette picture!!"
God was holding out the sunset for me to get a photo. Thanks Heavenly Father! Lily, Abi, Sophi, Peter, Natalie, Owen, and Daniel was wearing Abi's jacket. Back at home we played another round of pictionary. 
Teams were Wes and Lily, Abi/Sophi/Owen, and Me and Natalie with Daniel guessing too. 
Owen wanted to draw, so Abi and Sophi were playing at a disadvantage. But Corey thought it was so funny how Abi gave rapt attention to Owen's sketches. It was always funny to learn what the word was and see what he attempted to draw. 
It usually wasn't very close to reality, but I'm glad she tried. I'm sure Owen would have felt sad if she hadn't watched him and guessed. Although she could have subtly glanced over at Wes and Lily's drawings. It was also funny how Abi/Sophi/Owen, who were already at a disadvantage, kept rolling a 1 with the dice. We all felt like we were cursed, but I think they rolled 1 the most. Wes and Lily ended up winning. It was fun to play a game together. I have a ton of games, which I think I buy to recreate that part of my childhood - my siblings and I played a lot of board games. But we don't get them out hardly at all, so I'm glad we did it today and I think it would be a great if we did it atleast once a week. We'll try for that! Good job Corey for making it happen today. So today was successful I think for all of us  because we had a good time together and also Corey and I both had a little bit of personal time to read and rest. And now we're heading to bed. We are seriously doing so great and going to bed early, like we've been wrapping things up consistently around 9pm, and are usually all in bed by 10! It's pretty amazing. I think Wesley having early morning hockey and seminary and Lily having early morning jazz band helps us all be like "yeah, we have to get up early, so let's go to bed" and most of the battle is gone. Good stuff. It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...