Sunday, June 26, 2022

Wes is 17!

Happy Birthday (yesterday) WESLEY!! 

I know the cake there says "LILY" but it said "WES" on the side that had the candles lit. They are used to sharing birthdays and parties. My parents came over to wish him a happy birthday, and the wished Lily a happy birthday too - 
It was a cake half for Lily and half for Wes. 
Opening a few presents - 

We had a neighborhood "walkabout" tonight, and we were all over at that until my mom texted that they were on their way, and then WL and I hurried home. (and Katharine). The house that the walkabout was at has a pretty amazing back yard!
Corey and most of the kids biked down, Wes drove, and Lily and I walked. It was nice, and other than leaving the house for that, it was a relatively slow paced stay at home Sunday. Joseph and two of his friends, Junior and Mario, coming up for dinner.  Corey and Mel got that ready, and I didn't help, but I did do the dishes afterwards and let Corey take a nap. I stayed out on family duty and nursed Katharine downstairs with the kids all around me. I had my quiet time over the weekend, now it's back to reality. Today for church, the girls dressed up Katharine in this 80s dress that my mom brought by for her - such a DOLL!
I helped out in Natalie's class at church, which she was thrilled about, cause that meant she got to be with Katharine!
It's a pretty stiff competition, but Natalie might be the most obsessed with Katharine. It is her very first little sister. Lily is in a tie with her, or is at a close second. They like changing her outfits. 

It was nice of Wes to make a little feast for Lily. It might have been a sign that he wanted someone to do something thoughtful for him, even if it was a busy traveling day. Sorry we didn't come through for you yesterday Wes! Wes is almost an adult though, so we'll just tease that it's time to start getting used to not very celebratory/lame adult birthdays, ha. Blowing out candles - 
and then we did Lily -
And THEN we did both of them again after Corey and the kids got back from the walkabout. 
I haven't given a present to either of them yet, and might just do ca$h, but I also am thinking I could take Lily shopping for shoes, cause she's needed a new pair for months. We'll see. Sorry I'm lame, I'm going to blame it on having a baby. It's your fault Katharine!
I can tell she feels guilty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...