Thursday, January 12, 2023

Henna Hands

We are up at Wolfcreek near Eden, Utah. We left home in two groups and pretty close to plan. It's a bit of a chore packing up skiing stuff for everyone: coats, snowpants, gloves, hats, skis, boots, Bula neck thing. I left after the kids got home - I took ALODPK with me, and WSN stayed with Corey. Abi had a GMS music history lesson on my phone as we drove up. Wes had a saxophone to drop off for Joseph, who was coming to pick it up on Frontrunner (cause that is free for BYU students, and that way he could also do homework on the "drive" up. But then J missed the bus, and W wasn't answering his phone on his way back from the temple, so we aborted the mission to help Joseph and he got to figure it out himself. (He needed the sax for a ward talent show). I arrived at Wolfcreek a little after 6. Corey arrived around 8. The kids went swimming. Corey left Abi watching Peter, who did not have a floatie, and luckily Corey was still watching as he walked away, cause he could see his head bobbing under the water, as he tried to hop up on his tippy toes but the water was too high, and Corey yelled to point it out and we did not like that close call with death, esp with kids right there watching the little ones. Sometimes we're a bit to relaxed with the little ones. Peter came out coughing a little bit, he wasn't crying, but Corey did not like that. 

After kids were back from swimming, which closed at 9, we didn't let them watch tv - we just got ready for bed. And Wes painted Henna on people. Wesley is quite good. I was most impressed with these two Yin-yang fish he did on Lily's hand - 
Wes did a nice design on his hand and wrote names of people on his finger (last names of girls he likes?) and did a dollar bill and coins on one of Daniel's hands - and a design and "I AM DANIEL" on his finger of the other hand.  Daniel, and on Peter did a spiderman face (of course)
He also did a dinosaur brachiosaurus with a volcano on his right hand. What else. For Owen, Wes wrote "NINJAGO" on his arm. 

So here are a few boring stats, but also things I wish I knew about people in the past: our food for this little weekend trip. Tonight we had a shepherd's pie from Costco, breakfast tomorrow is cereal, and we'll prepare lunch for skiing which will be sandwiches, dried fruit and nuts, and chips. Then we'll head home after skiing and have pizza at home. I led the discussion in our New Testament study group today, and I'm also teaching this Sunday at church, so I'm trying to use any spare time I have over this weekend to prepare for that. I'm excited for skiing tomorrow. I've never been to Snowbasin, should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...